Chapter Five

I am SOOOOO very sorry for the long wait! As you know my internet has been down, and I appreciate you all for being so patient! Anyways.. I think I have kept you all waiting long enough, here you go!

The moment you've all been waiting for!

Or at least, I think you were waiting..

I'm not sure, I can't read minds.

But that would be pretty cool... right?

Okay, okay, I'm sorry. Here it is!

______________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter five:

Stacie and I stayed out in the forest for hours and just talked. We were playing the question game. No, not 20 questions, just a question game. We just keep asking each other random questions about each other. So far, I've found out her favorite color is red, her favorite food is pizza, and her favorite animal is a wolf. What a shock.. (Note the sarcasm)

"What do you think of pickles?" Stacie asked.

I raised an eye at her. "Pickles?"

She giggled, "Mhmm."

"Well, I think they would make very good dancing cartoon characters." I laughed.

She just gave me a duh look.

"Oh! You mean to eat?" I asked stupidly, and she gave me that same look once more. "I don't like pickles." I announced.

Her jaw hit the floor, "What!?!" She screeched.

I just shrugged. "I've never liked pickles. And never will."

She huffed in anger, and started going off about how pickles are amazing and how she could eat pickles for hours on end and a bunch of other nonsense.

"Hey!" I shouted. She stopped her meaningless rant and stared at me.

"Pickles-" I started. "Are cucumbers, soaked in eeevvvvvviiiiilllll!" I screamed in fake horror, making my eyes go wide.

Stacie gasped. "Nuh uh!"

"Uh huh! It says so on my wallpaper!" I shouted at her playfully.

"Oh really?" She laughed, crossing her arms over her chest. "Prove it."

"Well, I can't. My phones at home." I sighed.

"Well we can go get it." She implied happily, hopping on the balls of her feet. "I wanna see where I'm gonna live."

"I uh.... can't go get it. We can't go back to my house." I sighed sadly.

She cocked her head to the side, confused. "Why not?" She questioned.

I sighed heavily and looked at her. "I can't tell you here, I promise I'll tell you later. But it has to be our little secret, okay?"

She laughed and whispered loudly, "Okay. Its not like its the only secret."

I laughed and winked. She laughed once more and I skipped over to her, and linked my arm in hers. Although I was much taller than her, we made it work.

"Alright then," I smiled. "Lets go get you adopted."

"Lets." She giggled.

We skipped all the way to the orphanage, singing that song 'Skip, skip, skip to' and then we couldn't remember the next part so we just sang it with la's.

We laughed and laughed, still skipping with our arms linked together as we went into the orphanage. We got a lot, and I mean A LOT of weird looks from all the other children in the orphanage. We ignored them and continued walking, although I had no idea where to go. I paused and looked down at Stacie, clueless.

"Um.... where's the office?" I asked embarrassed.

Stacie laughed and sang. "Follow Meeeee!" As she pointed forward and yelled "Onward!"

I laughed and did a mock salute, before marching behind her. We made it about ten feet before we were blocked. Six boys, who looked to be ranging from the ages 15-17. They were all tall and very strong looking. They all looked somewhat alike, and very good looking. But none of them compared to Brandon. Not by a long shot.

"Where ya going pipsqueak?" One laughed as he starred at her.

"Yeah, where ya going?" Another laughed humorlessly.

'Haha, they think they're so great. Our mate is way better.' She laughed.

"None of your business." Stacie spat at them. She walked up to them and tried to get through, but the tallest one shoved her back.

"We asked you a question." He growled.

Stacie stumbled back from the force, and I caught her before she fell. She picked herself up and dusted herself off.

"Thanks." She mumbled quietly.

I nodded and stood protectively infront of her. My wolf growled dangerously in the back of my mind at them even touching Stacie, and I was in agreement with her.

"Don't touch her." I growled.

They all laughed in my face and the tallest looked down at me.

"Oh sweetheart, this is none of your concern. Now, why don't you go and take that pretty little body of yours up the stairs and into my room, h'm?" He asked, smirking the whole time.

Oh heck no.

"You did not just say that to me." I spat angrily.

"Oh yeah I did." He winked. His friends snickered behind him and I looked them all in the eyes.

"You boys think your so tough." I laughed. Stacie snickered behind me and I smiled.

The tallest narrowed his eyes at me, as well as the others. "What are you suggesting."

I laughed again. "Wow, lacking in strength and knowledge. You are just one unlucky boy. Hunny, I'm not suggesting anything. I am simply implying you are weak on the inside and out." I shrugged.

Stacie giggled and tried to hide her laughter, but was failing miserably.

"Oh, so you think your stronger then me?" He asked annoyed.

"There!" I shouted happily, patting him lightly on the shoulder. "Your getting the hang of it!"

"Okay, lets go. Right now, me and you. The first to pin the other down wins." He smirked.

Stacie behind me couldn't hold in her laughter anymore, and cracked up into hysterics. "Your s-s-so, d-dead!" She announced, tears of laughter streaming down her face.

He glared over my shoulder and made eye contact with one of the guys in his group. The boy nodded and went to walk to Stacie, but was quickly tripped by me, and sat on by Stacie. I laughed because the boy could not get up and I turned my attention back to the leader of the bunch.

"This should be fun." I muttered to myself.

And before you knew it, me and him were outside facing one another, circling each other.

'Let the battle begin.'

____________________ _______________ __________ _ _ _ _____

So...... what did y'all think? Oh! And thank you all so much for commenting on my chapters. I love reading your comments, they just make my day. Please feel free to ask me about anything or give me ideas. I'm happy to listen :)

I love you all!

Your amazing!

God bless you!

Goodnight!

~MermaidPearl~