Chapter 11

Hey everyone! It's really late, but I've had a hard time on my phone. I think when I downloaded the wattpad app it shut me out of everything! Has it done that to you guys, or is it just me? Also, this might take me a few days to write. I'm real busy with school and all. But I bet you guys will understand! Okay, well I'll start writing now. I'm sorry I've kept you waiting.

Enjoy!

_______________________________________________________________________________

I ran for what seemed like forever, days turned into nights. We haven't ran into anyone ever since we ran into some alpha. We also haven't passed any human settlements since the night I adopted Scarlett. She's ate most of the food in the bag already. For a little girl she's sure got a big appitite.

It was around somewhere in the middle of the night, to somewhere very early in the morning. Scarlett is previously sleeping on my back with her one hand she has a tight grip on my bag and with her's on her back. And with her other arm she's got it wrapped tightly around my neck. But while she's been sleeping, I have been running nonstop for the past few days.

I haven't eaten in days because I had to make sure Scarlett has had, and will have, enough to eat. I'm getting weaker and weaker, but believe me, I dare not tell Scarlett. If I know Scarlett at all, I know she wouldn't eat until she knew I was alright. I can't take that risk, I care too much about her to chance her not eating because of me.

'I can't run anymore.' I thought to myself. 'I just can't.'

And with that, I collapsed on the ground in a heap, the world going black around me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sapphire, Saph. Come on, wake up."

The voice was fuzzy and my head hurt like heck. My muscles ache all over. It feels like I'm dying a slow and painful death. I can see the sun shinning through my eyes, and no way am I opening them. If the light hurts now, I can imagine the pain will be unbearable once I open them.

"Sapphire please. Were almost there, I can feel it. Please," She sobbed. "Just wake up."

I groaned, knowing I have to open my eyes some time. I slowly opened my eyes, and once I did, I quickly shut them once again.

"Sapphire!" She cried happily. "Thank goodness your okay!"

She got down on her hands and knees and gave me a bone crushing hug. I cried out in pain, and she instantly let go. I opened my eyes and looked up at her. She was kneeled down beside me, looking down at me in fear and regret. And then she started bawling.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! What happened? Did I hurt you? Of course I hurt you, I didn't mean to! Why are you injured? Please don't hate me!" She rambled while crying her eyes out.

"Scarlett, I'm fine. And it's okay, you didn't mean to. Come on, we have to keep going."

I gasped.

"I'm human!" I screamed. "Why?!?"

Scarlett just shrugged. "I guess it's because your body was so weak, you couldn't stay shifted. So you just.. let go. And shifted back into your normal form."

I was shocked. How in the world would she know that? I decided to just shake that off and move on. I slowly stood up and ignored the shooting pain coursing through my entire body. And focused on a more important question, that needs an answer.

"Scarlett, how do you know were close?" I asked, confused.

Her eyes went wide. "I, um, heard the airplanes and the.. uh.. cars."

"I can tell that's not true Scar, and you know it. I expect you to tell me the real reason when we get there. But if your not lying about the airport, go lead the way."

She nodded and turned around, and walked away. I picked up the bags and followed behind her closely.

~~~~~~~~~

"Are we there yet?" I whined.

"No."

Silence.

"Are we there yet?" I whined again.

"No!"

Silence.

"...Are we th-"

"No, no, no! Do not ask me again!" Scarlett screamed, throwing her hands up in the air in agitation.

I huffed in annoyance, and started kicking rocks for fun.

"But I'm bored!"

"Were almost there, quit your whining." She grumbled.

"Hey!" I snapped, suddenly angry. Scarlett spun around quickly and waited for me to continue. "I am still your legal guardian! You don't need to talk to me like that!"

"I didn't do anything!" She yelled. "Sapphire, what happened?"

"What do you mean 'what happened?' " I growled.

"Hey!" I screeched. She ripped her bag out from my hand and started rummaging through it. Finally she found what she was looking for and handed it to me. It was a little mirror. "You brought a mirror?" I laughed.

She just shrugged. "You never know when you might need it."

I just laughed and looked in the mirror, expecting everything to be normal.

Well guess what? It wasn't normal.

"What happened to my hair!" I cried. "It's black!"

"I know!" She cried. "What happened!"

"I don't know!" I yelled. "If I knew I wouldn't be asking what happened!"

"Okay, how about we just calm down and get to the airport?" Scarlett suggested.

I nodded quickly and tried to control my breathing. "Okay, your right. It'll be fine."

We continued walking in the direction Scarlett suggested, and after ten more minutes, we finally made it. I bought our tickets and waited for our plane to board. Finally, we got on and the plane took off.

Finally, my new life has begun. But I have a feeling this new life isn't going to be as normal as I thought it would be..

_______________________________________________________________________________

How is that? I know it's taken forever but my phone is messed up and I just haven't had any ideas for writing. I hope this is what you were all were hoping for, or maybe even better. All I hope is that you don't hate it. Please tell me how I did, or if I did terrible.

Also, and this is a random question, who do you think is going to win America's Got Talent? Leave your thoughts below!

God bless you all, and I hope you have a great week!

Love you all,

~MermaidPearl~