Chapter 20

Hey everyone, ik sorry it took so long. You all notice that the new update stinks??? Okay well, read on!

_________________________________________

"Why, you already have your book." Jasper questioned, pointing to the book under my arm.

"Yeah, well I have a few questions about it. And I have a pretty good feeling she knows the awnsers."

We continued our walk there, with Jasper trying to pry the questions out of me. But, it was a lost cause. Jasper sighed, giving up after ten minutes.

"Hey... um, Saphirre?" He started nervously.

I turned and looked over at him, he looked frightened.

"Yeah?"

"Nevermind, forget it." He sighed.

I shrugged and continued twards the library.

"Hey, I have to go home. I'll see you around." And with that, he ran off before I could say anything.

I starred at his back as he ran off into the newly darkened night in confusion.

"Weirdo ." I mumbled to myself, and then, I arrived.

I stood right out front of the rusty old library. The full moon shone bright in the sky, with very few clouds passing by. The chilly night air nipped at my bare arms. The streets were deserted, and a single streetlight shone in the distance. Now, this I was concerned about. It wasn't the unusually chill air, or the creepyness of the vacant street. It was the feeling I had within me, the feeling that I was being watched. It chilled me to the bone.

I took in a shaky breath, and tried to tell myself it was all my imagination. But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get myself to believe it. I started slowly up the stone stairs twards the entrance, fighting the urge to sprint up those stairs, run in, and lock the door behind me.

Step by step I made my way up to the door. I had almost opened the door, when I am shoved into the cement ground. My back landed with a crack, and I groaned in pain. Soon enough my hands are pinned above my head, and a man was sitting on top of me so I couldnt get away.

He had black hair with a red streak, and bright green eyes. His muscles bulged out of his pitch black tee, and his black jeans. He seemed familiar, though I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Do I know you?" I asked cautiously.

He smirked evilly. "Yes, but let me introduce myself again. I'm Antonio, and you are?"

Then I remembered who he was. "Your the one we met that night after the mall."

He nodded, then pushed down on my wrists even harder, making me yelp in pain.

"What do you want?" I asked rudely, not letting him see he was actually hurting me.

He leaned down, his acid breath fanning across my face. "You." He whispered.

My eyes went wide, and I froze in my place. Not that I could go anywhere anyways. Why would he want me? What would he want me for? One thing is for sure, it wouldn't be good.

So without caring, I shifted. Yup, right in his grip. Was it smart, no. Was it dumb, yes. Did it just show him I am part wolf as well as vampire, you bet. Although I don't care, I can not let him have me. Who knows what sick, twisted things he has in mind?

Antonio was startled, and jumped up quickly. I took that time to get myself up, and ready to fight. He was quickly out of his daze, and got into his attack position. His fangs glimmered brightly in the moonlight, hissing at me threateningly.