Chapter Sixteen

Hey guys, I'm on here a lot now huh? But I think that's a good thing...

Anyways! Have fun!

__________________________________

"No, no dad I didn't."

He huffed. "Well, this is odd.." He muttered to himself.

I cocked my head to the side in confusion. "What's odd?"

He started pacing around the annoyingly white room. "I read something like this in a book, it was called 'The Prophecy.' But it's made up." He laughed. "Just someone begging for attention."

"What was the prophecy? Just curious."

He just waved me off. "It said a girl will be born, and will cause strife between many. And that she will either bring the world peace, or terror. Depending on what she chooses. Can you believe that nonsense?"

"No, not at all. Um, where can you get this book?"

"Any library. Why?"

I just shrugged. He didn't seem to mind and we started talking. He explained to me he has contacted me through the bracelet, and because I didn't come, he's coming after me. I just wished him good luck. He also told me how his pack and Brandon's pack have made peace in order to find me.

"Just come home Chrissy, we miss you." He begged once again.

"No dad, I can't."

"But you'll be safe here!" He explained.

"No, I'm safe here!" I countered.

"That's where your wrong, my dear." A voice interrupted.

I froze and my breathing sped up, I have never heard this voice before, but it sent chills up my spine.

I could see dad yelling, trying to get my attention. But it was like I was paralyzed. Suddenly the whole room switched into a black room with a light hanging above. It looked like one of those rooms you see on TV, where the detective asks the criminal what happened, and all that stuff. I was sitting on a chair, and my hands and legs were tied down. What the heck?

"Hello my dear." A wicked voice laughed.

"Who's there!" I yelled.

A man stepped out from the shadows and under the light. He had grey hair with a few black strands herw and there, and black eyes. I mean actual black eyes.

"Who are you?" I asked quietly.

"You don't remember me?" He asked evilly. "Oh, that's right!" He said, snapping his fingers and pretending like he didn't already know something.

"What's right?"

"I forgot what Crystal did to you, she was such a good little girl." He laughed humorlessly, taking a step twards me.

I wracked my brain for anything, but the only one I could think of was mom. "How do you know my mom?" I spat.

"You haven't already figured it out? She's my daughter."

"You? You are my grandfather!" I screamed.

"Yes my dear, have you missed me?"

"How could I miss you, we never even met! And what do you want with me! Why am I here!"

"So many questions, so little time. You have three weeks."

"For what?" I asked cautiously.

He faded back into the darkness, leaving me clueless and confused. "You'll see..."

(End of Dream)

I woke up gasping for air, cold sweat running down my face. I looked over to see Scarlett still peacefully sleeping away, without a care in the world.

'Good, it was just a dream.' I laughed to myself.

But this was hardly a laughing matter. I just met my grandfather. The king of vampires. And I have three weeks.

But the question is, til what?

I shook it off and looked over at the clock radio sitting next to the bed. 6:30. I got up off of the bed and went over to the phone. I dialed Rick's number.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Wow, are you always at work?" I laughed.

He chuckled. "Yeah, pretty much. So what did you need?"

"Yes." I shot out quickly.

"Yes?" He questioned. "As in...?"

"Yes. You can come down here. I really am in need of the money." I laughed humorlessly, running a hand down through my long black hair.

"Okay. When would you like me there? And where?"

"Around twelve, and Florida."

"Twelve, you mean, twelve tomarrow?"

"No, today." I corrected.

"Wow, this a bit of last minute, but I'll be there." He promised.

"Thanks Rick, I'll wait for you at the airport. Oh and Rick, I owe you one."

"No need, and alright. See you then." And with that, he hung up.

I hung up my end of the line and walked over to the WalMart bags that were shoved in the corner of the room. I took out the lavender shampoo and conditioner, along with the shaver and lavender deodorant.

As you can tell, I love lavender.

I then searched through the other bags and found what I was going to wear. I pulled out my dark blue undergarments set and set it to the side. I then found my black skinny jeans, and tight dark purple tee shirt.

I picked them all up and brought it into the bathroom. I stripped down and turned on the shower. As soon as it wasn't too hot, I stepped in. I sighed in content at the feeling, gosh it felt so good. I just let my sorrows wash away. Well, atleast for now.

I finished up and scrubbed off my body with the hotel bodywash. I shampoo and conditioned my hair, then stepped out. I dried myself off with the hotels fluffy blue towel and then got dressed and I looked into the mirror and smiled at my reflection.

I had to admit, I looked hot.

The purple brought out my eyes and the black fit just right with my hair. I looked like pretty tough, but yet sexy.

I walked confidently out of the bathroom and wrote a note to Scarlett, explaining I had left and would be back later. I grabbed a fifty dollar bill and headed out the door, but not after brushing out my hair ofcourse and putting on my knee high, high heeled black boots.

I grabbed the keycard to the room and headed out the door with my head held high.

This really is, a new me.

_______________________________________________

Isn't my new cover awesome??? You can still send me your cover and I might use it, depending on who's fits the story best. Just private message me.

Love you all, sweet dreams!

~MermaidPearl~