» two: "how was school"«

Hugo's POV

Bloody Hell. I was worried sick.

After Fairy Fauna told me to meet her in her office, I decided that I had different plans. I rather rudely raced out of the school and into the carriage waiting to take me home.

I could hear the old (come on admit it) fairy telling me to wait. Although I felt guilty for leaving her in the dust of my hasty exit, I was too consumed by the thought of an injured Axel to linger on the guilt.

When I arrived at the castle, I was on my way to Axel's bedroom, but interrupted by my dad.

"Hugo, how was school, my dear boy?"

I was confused to say the least. What brought brought him to ask such a mundane question, at a time like this? I made sure that my dissatisfaction was evident.

"HOW WAS SCHOOL?"

Dad looked taken aback by my sudden outburst.

"I've just come back from school as quickly as I can upon hearing that my brother has been on the victim end of an accident"

All I wanted to do was make sure that Axel was alright. It didn't make it any better when Dad began to laugh. Not just an ordinary laugh. The old man was having a fit.

"Yes Hugo- there was an accident. Axel fell of his flying horse and sprained his ankle. I can assure you that he's quite alright!"

Ugh I should've met Fauna in her office.

TIME SKIP

I was sitting on the edge of my plush four poster bed as I watched my maid pack my overnight bag for me.

"Prince Hugo, will the black pyjama shorts do?"

"I dare say they'll be perfect, thank you, Bertha"

Bertha left me to my own devices after packing a few essentials in my bag. As she left, she turned off the lights and closed my windows and doors. I got into to bed, positioning myself between the pillows and slowly and then all at once, fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up to the sound of birds chirping outside, perched upon the window sill.

They reminded me of Sofia.

I really like Sofia. I mean, she's a pretty princess and I wouldn't mind courting her.

I doubt she feels the same way.

After a breakfast of pancakes and maple syrup, I got into the carriage with my overnight bag.

While flying over Enchancia, I thought about how beautiful it was.

But not as beautiful as princess y/n.

Oh for the love of all the jewels in the kingdom.

It can be rather strange, can't it? The things your mind throws at you, sometimes. Often they sound like something straight out of a fairytale. Sweet, perfect, impossible.

It didn't take long for the carriage to land carefully in front of James's palace. There isn't much of a distance from my kingdom to his. As I stepped out of the carriage, the first thing I saw was Y/N and James with their arms around each other.

I could feel something foreign growing in my stomach. It was unpleasant but it had something to do with Y/N and James- two people who always made me feel pleasant.

It wasn't adding up. I brushed it off and walked towards them. When they saw me, they came running down the stone staircase. Y/n just a bit in front of James, looking beautiful as always.

Oh Merlin, I was in for a long sleepover.

Author POV

So there is the chapter. Please give me some sort of feedback. Like, siriusly (🤮🤮 why did I think that was cool in 2015)