» three: "I like you, James" «

James POV

"So, y/n, is there anyone that you like- as in, very much?"

I was talking to Amber and Zandar a few days ago and we all think (ship name) is real.
They're pretty sure that Sofia would agree.

I mean, they're meant to be. It hasn't happened yet but it will and I'm sure of it. Sofia does like Hugo, but she thinks it's just a mere attraction, nothing more.

So we're trying to find out if Y/N and Hugo like each other. It might make the whole 'making them falling in love' thing a lot easier.

We know they're best friends, but there has to be something more.

"I like you- James? James?"
Y/n was waving her hand in front of me.

Shoot, I wasn't listening?"

"I said..I like you"

Y/n was clearly annoyed.

Then again I was being very, day dreamerish, is that a thing? Wait- did she say that she liked me?

"-and Sofia, Hildy, Cleo, Zandar, Amber-"

She started naming a lot of Princes and Princesses, she was messing with me. That bag of throne rust.

"Wait, what about Hugo? I thought he was your friend, you guys are so tight. BFFs right? He didn't ditch you did he? Or did you ditch him? Omg you did, that's why he's not here! You guys are breaking my heart, your my OTP-"

She didn't hear the last bit because she was, shaking me by the shoulders.

" James you idiot. I mentioned Hugo ages ago. Seriously you never listen"

" Sorry."

I should start listening.

"But why's Hugo not here then!"

"James, no one is here yet. They're probably trying to be fashionably late or something- Zandar was explaining the concept to Desmond yesterday."

So then why is y/n here, you may ask?

I don't really know, but that's our thing. We're always incredibly early to each other's palaces.
It's sort of a way to represent our true friendship.
"And before you ask James, we are not weirdly early to each others palaces because of true friendship or whatever. We are early everywhere we go."

That's why it's so dark at school in the morning.

I decided to bug her a bit.

"So we're not besties for ever?"

I was using a sickeningly sweet baby voice. Surprisingly, she said nothing and just hugged me. She wrapped her arms around my waist and I did the same.

"You're the bestest friend I could ever ask for, you idiot. I love ya' man."

As we hugged I could hear a carriage pull up (do carriages pull up idek) in front of the palace.

It was Hugo!

We, pulled away from the hug and ran down the stone steps, to meet him.
-----