» six: I like you, like, like you «

Hugo POV

The sleepover was weird.
The guys and I talked about Sofia the whole time. I've decided to tell her how I feel, today at school.
I stepped out of my carriage and walked toward all the other princes and princesses.

"Ay, Hugo"

I looked up to see Jin. I waved and acknowledged all the other guys. Only, Zandar and James kept on avoiding me.
Quickly scanning the crowd of teenagers in the courtyard outside of our school, I found Sofia and made my way over to her. The group of guys silently cheering me on was encouraging.

"H-hi Sofia"

Sofia turned toward me and smiled brightly.
"Hey Hugo"
"I need to tell you something Sof"
Sofia nodded her head for me to go on. I didn't think this would be so damn hard.
"Sofia."
"Hugo."
"Sofia, I like you, like, like you.."
Sofia just stood there and at that moment I knew, she didn't like me. Suddenly, she squealed and jumped onto me. As wrapped my arms around her, she spoke softly into my chest.
"I like you too"
No. We didn't feel like we were the only two people in the world. The whole damn school was staring at us.
"GET SOME HUGO"
Everyone laughed at Prince Khalid's comment. Y/N, still smiling, asked the question on everyone's mind.

"So? Are you both courting now?"

I didn't want to take things to fast, we were just going to accompany each other to a nice dinner and see how things would go.

"Yes, we are committed"

Oh. Ok.
Sofia decided to answer that question. It's alright, I guess.
Sofia grabbed my face and pressed our lips together. I must be honest, there wasn't a- a- spark.. you know? My eyes remained open during the 'kiss'. The crowd dispersed, uncomfortable with the sudden display of affection. I saw Y/N frowning slightly for a second, but quickly replaced it with smile and rushed away. I could not help but regret something I wasn't sure of.

As we pulled away from the kiss, Sofia grabbed my hands and tugged me along with her, forcefully.
I'm in store for a great relationship.
What had I gotten myself into?

Author's Note

Hi everybody, I want to take this moment to thank everybody for the feedback, praises, input and encouragement. But, mostly, I want to thank you all especially for your patience! You are all so understanding, I have no excuses for all these months of absence, but to be honest, I didn't think anyone would read this anymore like y'all 💀 how old are you guys?