6.

Just one more day. I reminded myself as I entered the school that morning.

I knew already that I was going to be late for my first hour. To be entirely honest though, I was trying to be late. Anything to stay clear of anyone in the halls.

There were still some stragglers in the long hall but no one who cared enough to mess with me let alone acknowledge my existence.

Collecting my needed supplies from my book bag, I place it back into my locker and leisurely slump to class to begin the day.

***

Lunch period had easily taken the lead as my favorite class since this whole misunderstanding occurred. Hunter was sitting with the rest of the team at our usually table so I passed them up quickly.

I know Hunter had noticed me pass them.

I make my way to where Sean usually sits and he's there of course but there's someone else across from him. It's a girl.

At first as I approached, I was preparing to congratulate him but that all quickly changed when I realized it was her. The girl I'd yelled at. The sensitive girl. The girl that changed my life.

I slowly sit down across from her next to Sean. Instead of looking down or avoiding eye contact like most would do, I stare at her. I was fairly interested in what kind of reaction she'd have towards me.

Did she hate me? Did she not remember? I just had to know.

I stared intently and once she noticed her cheeks got pink. She just looked down at her trey.

"Hey." I said softly.

Her eyes fluttered to meet mine but she didn't answer.

"I'm sorry, for everything." I meant it entirely.

She smiley very lightly. It was only then that I was able to take in her features. She had big green eyes and very tan skin. Her hair was a light brown and looked like silk. Her teeth with straight and white and she had the deepest dimples even when she barely grinned.

I smiled.

"It's okay." She accepted my apology.

"Thank you. I'm Kade." I held my hand out across the table for her to shake.

She took it and said, "I know."

I laughed a little.

"I'm Jade." She introduced herself.

"I know."

***

After school went actually...great.

Jade met me at my locker and surprisingly, she was one of the only girls I wasn't annoyed by when they came to my locker uninvited.

"Can I walk with you?" She asked timidly.

"Of course." I smiled and she looked up at me with a surprised expression. "What?" I ask.

"Well, I mean...you're a football player. You're actually letting me walk with you."

"Why wouldn't I? Look, whenever we hang out there's no football talk, okay? Oh, and definitely no comparing me to you."