7. Closer

"This is gonna be the very first thing we print out in the morning!" Mr. Robins shouted as he looked at what happened yesterday with Xavier. His whole face was lit up. His usual stress of competitors beating him to the punch was no longer a concern at that moment.

"Yeah. Um, well, I think I should get going. I need to head to the award show. I only came to turn these in since it's on the way there," Stella told him as she grabbed her things quickly.

She had lost track of time. She had taken forever to get dressed and style her hair. She wanted to look sophisticated for the event. Oddly enough, she caught herself thinking about what Xavier would think when he saw her.

He smiled and nodded. It didn't take long before she was closing the door to his office behind her. She ran through the building until she got to her car, looking at the street in front of her. The whole street was packed with cars that kept honking at the car in front of them when brakes were slammed on. All of them created a kaleidoscope of colors. Red, green, some white, while many of them were black and grey. The streets were packed.

Plenty of them were limos, probably on their way to the award show with everyone who mattered. She couldn't tell because of the dark tinted windows.

She got into her car and drove herself into the traffic, nervously humming. Humming always relaxed her nerves. She took in deep breaths, resisting the urge to scream at the guy in front of her to move it along. It wasn't that she was known for having road rage, but she could be impatient at times.

The streetlight changed three times before she was finally able to pass by because of the traffic throughout downtown. She took a chance to get in between the car at her left, leaving her staring at a big window with little stickers of their family.

After driving a few miles, she finally arrived to the award show parking lot, which was actually worse than the streets. She pulled out her validation for attending the event and parking. Mr. Robin had spent a significant amount of money to have her attend. She was in charge of taking pictures of many celebrities for the night, not just Xavier for once. Her blood was pumping heavily as she approached it. Celebrities were just coming out of their limos, waving and already posing. Mr. Robins had reserved her parking spot in the back.

Crap, she was losing so many shots right now. At PapCo, although you are assigned someone, if you can capture photographs of other celebrities as well, you can make a bonus on the side.

Claps suddenly echoed through the whole crowd. Like an uprising storm. She turned her gaze to where they were looking. Her eyes landed on Xavier hopping out of the limo with his manager and bodyguard. The cheers roared as huge signs hung up in the air proudly. Everyone was screaming his name as he flashed them his winner smile. Just looking at it made her heart leap. He was wearing a black tux that made him look amazing in every possible way. His hair was sort of messy, like always. She could honestly say he was the most handsome person there. She took out her camera from the glove compartment in front of the passenger seat, grabbed her small orange bag that was filled with all her utensils, and closed the door.

Here it comes. She stepped out, only to hear the screams and claps become louder. It created a buzzing in her ears. She covered her ears while she held the camera around her neck. She watched as the celebrities walked to the red carpet, cameras flashing everywhere - she wondered how they could still see. Xavier was the one that was literally being bathed in lights. Girls were hollering his name, hoping they could get a picture with him or an autograph.

All of the celebrities were posing as people called out their names. Many of the ladies were in classy dresses that had almost no covering on the back. Long dresses and amazing outfits. And all the guys were wearing an elegant tux that was surely ironed millions of times before actually putting it on.