10. Green Eyes

"Leave me alone, please. Just let me die." Xavier sighed as Tyler pounded on the door. Damn, there was never any privacy for him.

"Open the door or I'll break it down, Xavier, I swear to God." There was a silence and Xavier wondered whether he had left or not. "Unless the paparazzi girl is in there and you guys are having some fu-"

Xavier quickly stood up, ignoring the headache acting up and unlatched the door, watching as Tyler walked in seconds later. Why couldn't they just leave him in peace? He was tired, and sick. All he could do was cough. Couldn't they get that? Xavier hadn't left the hotel room for two days since the award show.

Xavier bounced onto the bed, getting under the bedsheets and trying his best to ignore him. He wanted to be alone. He had a fever yesterday that was just wearing down. His nose was stuffed, making his breathing rigid.

"Don't you have a key?"

"I forgot it here," he said, grabbing it off the table where his laptop was.

"Not my fault."

A few coughs racked through his lungs.

"You seriously need to leave this room."

A pizza box was on Xavier's bed stand with an old piece hanging out. His shoes were scattered all over the floor as well as his clothes. Movies took over the table where the TV stood and his sheets were all wrinkled and dirty and gross. Xavier suddenly felt like a pig.

"What do you want?" His head was pounding.

Everyone please go away.

"You know, if you wouldn't have taken your jacket off that night of the award show, you wouldn't be sick. It was freezing that night."

"The paparazzi girl needed it. Either I would've gotten sick, or her. I'd prefer me," he explained as he punched his head into the pillow. Just the thought of her made him smile. Luckily, Tyler didn't witness it or the jokes would be endless.

Ever since the other night, all he could think about was her. She was taking over his mind, literally.

"How can you care so much for her if you don't even know who she is?" Why wouldn't he leave him the fuck alone?

Why did he even tell him about the paparazzi girl in the first place? All he did was joke about it.

"Because I just do. Now, will you all leave me alone? You guys are annoying the hell out of me." His voice was muffled because of the pillow.

"You have to get up, buddy. Be a little productive."

Productive, my ass.

"Why are you here?"

"Your parents wanted me to tell you that they wanted you to go out. You've been in here for too long."

"Well, where do they want me to go?"

"I don't know. Anywhere. At least you'll see the girl again. Wouldn't that make you happy?"

Xavier thought about it for a bit. Well, he was right. He could benefit from going out. He hadn't seen paparazzi girl for two days and it's been haunting him. Well, whenever he was awake at least.

"You think she misses me?" Tyler couldn't fight his laugh.

"I saw her yesterday, pouting outside, probably waiting for you. She seemed pretty disappointed."

Without another word, he got off the bed, picked out some clothes, and went to the restroom to change. As he looked in the mirror he noticed how bad he looked. His eyes were surrounded with bags and they were extremely dark. He poured water on his face, refreshing the yucky feeling he had of the two days without cleaning up. This wasn't going to work. He definitely needed a shower. He started the water, and got in, letting the water soak his skin. Afterwards he brushed his teeth and changed into a plain black shirt and black skinny jeans with a white belt. He put on black converse, and walked out, finding Tyler asleep.

Must be nice.

"Yo, Tyler." He threw his remote at him.

"What?" He didn't bother to lift up his head.

"I'm going to Starbucks... alone."

He raised an eyebrow and smirked. He thought Xavier couldn't handle the fans on his own. In all honesty, maybe he couldn't.

"Well, if you get crushed to death, try to contact me," he said, his eyes opening. "You have me on speed-dial anyways, right?"

"Yeah. Me out of all the woman in the universe who could have it, bro." Xavier let out a huffed laugh and left the room. As the elevator reached the lobby, he ran as fast as he could to the front doors, no matter how much pain he was in. All he wanted right now was to see the paparazzi girl.

Disappointment filled him as she was nowhere in sight. Maybe she quit looking for him after the days he was sick.

Reminder to self: always wear your jacket. And bring an extra. Especially if you're with a girl. With a beautiful girl.

He let out a heavy sigh and walked out to the street, eyeing the Starbucks from across the street. He looked left and right before crossing. He shoved his hands into his pockets. His thoughts kept going back to the girl. How close they were the day of the awards. He wondered what would've happened if they had stayed there longer.

And to make things more complicated, he forgot to ask her her name. He was starting to think that he was just completely mental. It's just that being with her, it makes him forget everything else surrounding him.

That day they were stuck in the little narrow corner, she made him forget he was some movie star always being chased by screaming girls.

It felt nice. It felt like an adventure. She was more beautiful up close.

He opened the door, making a bell ring. He looked up to see a small, bronze bell hanging there. His legs walked him towards the cashier, but right at that moment he bumped into someone, making them spill their coffee, but he grabbed them by the waist to stop them from falling. The hot, sticky coffee made their shirts stick to each other, burning his chest slightly.

Fuck me.

His eyes traveled all the way up to their face. His jaw dropped as his eyes connected with beautiful green eyes that he would recognize from miles away.