23. Accident

Insane.

Xavier was completely insane.

The wind clawed its fingers through her hair. She held onto Xavier's waist harder than she had ever before done in her life. Her fingers were practically inside his flesh.

"You're gonna get us all killed!" Stella whimpered into his chest, feeling her feet lose balance. "You're scaring me!"

"We won't die. I swear." Xavier's voice was promising, but that didn't exactly infer he would keep it. People break promises everyday.

"You promise a lot. The next thing you know, we're all lying on the floor with our own blood covering us like a blanket. I want to die of natural causes if you didn't know!"

"Everyone does. Doesn't mean it'll happen."

Stella ignored his comment, looking over his shoulder to see Alex and Logan laughing like maniacs. How did she get involved with these maniacs?

The skateboard underneath Xavier and Stella wiggled, making her grasp onto Xavier as tight as her arms could go. Jesus.

"Please promise me you won't let go." Her voice was in the element of begging. Even though the end of her nerves were pulsing like a beating drum going wild, an amazing feeling she would love to feel more often, fear was also apart of the feel. If anything went wrong, they could really get hurt. Just one mistake.

"I won't. Trust me." They did a quick curve, making her balance lopsided. Okay, now she was sure she was going to die.

Her breathing was beyond regular. This was more than a Lunatic Stunt. It was stupid, and crazy, and insane, and bothersome to the people driving the opposite direction.

"How did you even come up with this idea?" She asked Xavier, her eyes getting dry as the wind blew into them.

"We were very mischievous a while ago. We always came up with things that could entertain us."

"And you just thought of this out of the blue?"

"Actually, I was skateboarding once and somehow it ended up in the street, and I had to go get it. So the whole thing just developed."

She shook her head. "You guys are insane," she informed him for the thousandth time. She just wanted to sure he was aware.

"Thank you," he said, laughing.

She smiled, still holding on as a few cars honked at their skateboarding going in the other direction. Or more like many. She didn't really expect many of the drivers to enjoy having that kind of problem.

"But wait, don't they call the police?"

"They did once. But we ran off."

Hating herself more everyday for recording everything, she hesitated to speak. "Oh, so Xavier Harrington has once had conflict with the police? I never knew that."

He bent down, whispering into her ear, but loud enough so she could hear him over the honks and loud noise around them. "There's a lot you don't know about me."

"And there's a lot you don't know about me." Their eyes were attached, and she couldn't hold onto the moment any tighter. His eyes were soft, delicate. Maybe he leaned in an inch, maybe he didn't, but that didn't stop her from growing hotter inside and out.

"I wish I did." As much as she wanted the moment to last, fate came between them, like every other chance.

Xavier looked forward for a split second, before she felt something slam into her. Roughly.