bonus scenes

(all of you freaking out bc you thought I forgot about Harry and Delilah, tsk tsk... but here is TWO scenes, bc I couldn't really decide which one was better. I'm pretty indecisive, but I don't think any of you will mind two, right? they're kind of drafts, I guess, and both revolve around the same topic, if that makes sense. they're both about a full chapter length, so this part will be long... hope y'all don't mind x)

FIRST DRAFT (three months after Delilah's hospital visit)

I WOKE UP to the sound of Harry cursing under his breath, peeling my eyes open enough to see him holding his foot while switching on the light. I groaned, squeezing my eyes shut again and pulling the blanket over my head.

"How could you do this to me?"

"I think I broke my toe from hitting it on the nightstand."

"You didn't answer my question."

"You don't care if I broke my toe?"

"If you didn't get out of bed, you wouldn't have broken your toe." Finally, I peeked out over the blanket, squinting against the light. "Is your toe broken?"

Harry frowned, feeling it for a moment, then he shook his head.

"Good, because now you can turn the light back off."

"It's almost eleven, babe."

"I'm trying to find a point in that sentence, and I just can't."

He chuckled, switching the light off only to walk over and tug open the curtains. He crawled into bed on his side, shifting to where his back was to me and he laid his head down on my hip. "My original resting spot has been stolen," he remarked, his hand on my stomach.

Instinctively, my hand fell onto his. "I don't think it would hurt him."

Just yesterday I had gone for an ultrasound and found out the gender. Harry and Mom had gone, both of them appearing more excited than I was, and I was pretty excited.

He blinked up at me, looking a bit sleepy still but a relaxed smile stretched across his lips. He leaned over, placing a kiss in the middle of my stomach over the blanket. Then, he glanced up at me. "Have you forgotten what today is?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, staring back at him while drawing a blank. "Apparently."

"Delilah," he gasped mockingly. "For shame."

I thought a little harder, then my eyes widened. "Oh my goodness, it's cuddle day!"

He laughed, but the sound cut off when I quickly scooted out from under him, scurrying to gather an outfit for the day.

"I think I've just been dethroned from cuddling," he said, sitting up to look at me. "Are you going to leave me for one of them?"

"Harry," I said, giving him a look as if my excitement should be no-brainer; and it should be. "We're talking about cuddling baby tigers. You can't always be first."

He pouted. "But I like being first."

In the middle of buttoning my jeans, I pecked his lips. "You can be first again tomorrow."

He hooked his finger through one of the belt loops to keep me from moving. "What about after the cub session? Tomorrow seems a bit drastic."

I pressed my lips together as if the decision were a difficult one. "We'll see."

April weather was always weird. It could be a bit nippy to a bit scorching in between days, so I met in between with my jeans, a t-shirt and a light sweater with my sandals. Lacy had gotten me to buy them a few weeks ago, saying every girl needed at least one pair. They were simple enough and surprisingly comfortable, not to mention quick to put on.