Unique

"Michael! Gabriel!" I was getting tired of this game. We needed to get to the quad and right away. There are many angels; at least one for each human. Most of them are male but there is a 20% female angel population; only five warring angels and only two guardian angels, but my skills placed me with the Arc angels. I was just as strong and skilled as the other three but I was the only one of my kind. That's why Michael and Gabriel were assigned to escort me anywhere I went, for darker forces have seen me as untouchable prize; one they must attain.

I groaned again, pushing all the unpleasant memories of my mother's brutal death into a box in the back of my mind. I was passed the 'one of a kind' gene that my mother was hunted for and one day she was caught, raped and then feed to the demon's dogs. That night she was needed on a mission, my older brother, Rafael, was out and I was left. She told me something I strive to do every day, "Be strong, minor amor, and listen to your brother. Behave." She stressed before taking off with my uncle.

Now here I stood over looking heaven, waiting to be reunited with my brother and my last surviving family member.

"You should not dwell on the past." A voice pulled me from my past. I kept quiet knowing I would say something regretful to Michael. I felt a gentle hand wipe stray tears from my cheeks. I tore my gaze from the beautiful paradise I called home and I looked into Michaels light green almost gray eyes. The concern he had for me seemed to be etched in his eyes. I gave him a tight small smile, hoping that he would perceive it as a reassuring smile; no such luck. He sighed in frustration.

"You know those smiles make me worry even more." I turned and walked out of the stone alcove and into the warm sunlight. He followed.

"You've been more distant lately, More forgetful. You, you haven't been yourself." He whispered the last part.

"Is it alright for a younger sister I worry over her brother's safety? Her only family? To fret and worry that he might never come home and that she would forever be alone?" I turned and glared at Michael, fresh tears springing to life. Gabriel joined in that moment. He opened his mouth, but before he could even form a sentence I was a flight, soaring over the fields and making my way to the quad.