What happens when the past meets present

RECAP>

The possessed began to rush forward on all fours. Michael was the only one who shoot at it, because just before I was going to take my kill, a brilliant light flashed before me and then there I was, standing in a field of wild flowers and grain. The sun lighting everything in a golden hue leaving everything feeling warm and comforting; A large contrast to the feeling of calculating death and destruction that filled me. Wind moving behind me was the only warning that I had. Closing my eyes, I stepped back grabbing my opponents hand flipping him over my head and in a swift smooth movement I pinned him to the ground and rested my blade at his neck. But when I opened my eyes I was not prepared for who was staring back at me.

RECAP>

My guard was down for a moment, but that was all he needed to switch the position. I was now the on being pinned down and HE had the upper hand.

“Gabriel, let. Me. Go.” I managed to ground out. I was frustrated that I had let my memories get the better of me. He promptly let me go. I swiftly stood, ignoring the spell of dizziness that tried to over take me, and prepared myself for anything. Or so I thought. Too fast for me to see Gabriel rushed in and swept me up in a bone crushing hug. If I hadn’t seen the slight sheen of unshed tears, I would have thought this a destruction tactic.

It took me a minute to get my bearings, before I actually hugged back. My guard was still up and I was waiting for the tell tale prick of being stabbed in the back, literally. But the longer it lasted, the more relaxed I became, the more… how do I say it, more of my soul returned. I could feel a tingle in my back, right where my right wing would be. Soon the tingle turned in to an uncomfortable itch, then an agonizing burn. I don’t know how long it lasted; all I know was that one minute I’m in prime battle mode and the next I’m writhing in pain.

Soon, reality and my subconscious blurred together. Glimpses of my mother and a long lost hope of freedom from this state tortured me while visions of Rafael and Gabriel gave me some comfort. One instance when I woke, it was to a dulled argument between the said two. The words were muffled even though I was a mere three feet from them.  They were animatedly talking and discussing something as I was pulled from what I could only guess was reality.

It could have been months, years, or simply a few hours when I finally settled in the reality. a gentle hand was placed on my forehead.  Inhaling a sharp breath, I opened my eyes only to find myself in the diner in the aftermath of a battle.  

“She’s come to.” The young girl’s voice said from beside me. Snapping my head towards her I was just able to see, Michael rush to my side and hold me tight.  The sound of multiple footsteps brought me out of the comfort of his arms.

“You gave us quite the scare, falling like that and still living. Michael here took real good care of you.” Bob sounded like he was scolding a small child, and not a condemned angel. Not that he knew of course.

“They know.” Michael whispered in my ear. I gave him a ‘me too?’ look, and he just nodded. Then he gave me the, ‘tell me what the fuck happened!’ look. I gave him a smile and then proceeded to stand, which didn’t really work out. Michael ended up catching me and setting me down on one of the stools. He still had that look, and I gave in and told him what happened, the abridged version.

He looked at me, and then sighed.

“He’s going to come isn’t he?” was all he asked.

“Michael, we still have more battles to fight. We don’t need to worry about him just yet.” I said standing up. Today, the humans are going to be tested. Each one will face a trial. Michael already told them that, but what he didn’t tell them is in order to survive, they would have to fail each test. I wasn’t going to tell them that either. Let the humans make right, one last time.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Don’t hate me. all I can say is honors and end of quarter benchmarks tests take a lot of my time. And writers block has been holding me in its grasp for a long time. But anywho, here’s the story, enjoy.

DISCLAIMER: I DON’T OWN LEGION!