Chapter 11: Proposal? I think not...

Jay rushed to Erin's, ready to get down on one knee and propose. He walked up to her apartment door and knocked. When she opened the door, he loved her even more. She was wearing a black robe, with her hair laying on her shoulders messily.

"Jay! What are you...?" Erin started.

"Erin, I have to ask you something." Jay looked at her, and then pondered is he should ask her. He got so nervous that he ended up avoiding it. "Can I stay here tonight?"

"Yeah, why? Is something wrong?"

"No, I just want to spend the night with the woman I love. And that's you."

"I know, dumb butt." Erin teased, pulling him inside.

Jay squeezed the box. He felt the rounded edges, and the soft touch of the outline of the box. He felt the box open, and he felt the cold diamond on his fingertip. He closed he box and pulled his hand out of his pocked. Jay walked over to the sofa in Erin's living room. He sat down and called for Erin. She sat down right next to him.

"Are you okay? You seem a little off." Erin stated.

"No. I'm fine. Don't worry. I loved spending the day with you today, it was fun, it was comfortable." Jay stated.

"Me too, I really felt calm and relaxed spending it with you. There's no on else I'd rather spend the day...AND night with..." Erin laughed and then wrapped her arm around his neck.

"Same..." Jay stated. He looked into her truthful eyes, and squeezed the ring tightly.

"I love you. I love you so much Jay. Thanks for planning this day for me." Erin replied.

"I loved planning it for you." Jay squeezed the ring tighter

"I loved executing your plan." Erin stated. She kissed him and then placed her head on his chest.

They fell asleep there, and they woke up to the sun shining bright through the window.

"It's day...already?" Jay asked.

"Yup." Erin stated unwillingly.

She got up and walked to the kitchen. She brewed a cup of coffee, and also started making eggs.

"Smells delicious..." Jay exclaimed, wafting the smell of the brewing coffee.

"Jay, can I ask you something?" Erin questioned.

"Yeah, anything, I'm here, always." Jay reassured her.

"Do you want to get married. Not now, but one day....FAR in the future?" Erin open-heartedly asked.

"One day....FAR in the future...I promise." Jay assured her. He felt that box in his pocket and realized he still had it. "I have to go to my car real quick, I think I left my phone in it." He lied, already out the door. He ran down the porch steps and unlocked his car. Slowly, he opened the door and leaned over to the floor to hide the ring under the seat. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and pretended to pull it out of the cupholder, just in case Erin was watching...just in case.

"I got it..." He shook the phone as he re-entered the kitchen.

"Good." She lied, she isn't such a fan of social media and texting but she'll do it.

"We've got to head to work in a bit, ugh." Jay said.

"If only we could just stay here all the time and spend it together...all the time.... Nah, I'd rather be at work." Erin teased. For some odd reason she always teases him. He doesn't mind, he actually loves it.

"I don't know what I'd do if you didn't keep teasing me." Jay stated. He put a hand on her shoulder, the other on her cheek. He kissed her slowly and then ordered her to finish the eggs. As they ate the eggs, the coffee finished so Jay got them both a cup. They drank it lickity split and headed to work. They entered the district separately so no one would suspect. He came in first, not five minutes later, Erin entered.

"Hopefully, It's a slow day..." Jay admitted.

"Yeah, I know right." Erin confessed too.

"Welp! Let's find out." Jay cheered. Erin laughed. Finally back at work, and all they wanted to do was be lazy at home and make out.