Chapter 38: No one can know

What do I do? Erin asked herself. Should I tell Jay? No. But he deserves to know. I need time. This is his child though. What about Shay? Should he know? He's only 3. Erin argued with herself.

Just in case, she got four copies of the ultrasound picture and was ready to hand them out to the first people she told. Finally, she got the courage to tell Jay, so she drove to Will's house. Jay had been staying there for a week because Jay couldn't keep up with the pay for his apartment.

"Hey, Erin... Are you here to pick up Shay?" Jay asked.

"No, but I'm pregnant, it's yours." She pulled a picture out of her pocket and handed it to him. Quickly, she walked to her car so she didn't have to have a conversation with him.

"Erin! Don't walk away on me! Erin, get your ass back here! ERIN!" He shouted. This was the last straw. He was done with her.

Jay went back inside and sat down, brokenhearted.

"Hey, Jay." Natalie came in. "Oh my God! Is Erin pregnant!? Awesome!" She squealed. "Not Awesome...?"

"No, no. It's good. I want this child. I want my life back. But not with her. Not with Erin." He frowned.

"What do you mean?" Natalie sat down. Waving for Will to come in.

"I mean, Erin is... I want to be... I want Shay, and I want this child, but I don't want to be with Erin anymore. I want her out of my life, my personal one. She can be in my professional one, but she can't be in my personal one any longer. I can't love her anymore."

"Jay, you don't know what your saying. Just calm down. Give it a day or two, then talk to Erin. Jay, don't screw this up." Will consoled.

"I won't. I just need a nap." He said, standing and walking over to the couch. He watched his son play as he dozed off. 

"Hey, Erin. Yeah, he's asleep. Oh, okay. Sure, anything. You know it. Bye." Natalie whispered into the microphone of the phone.

Natalie told Will she was going out and left. She drove over to Erin's house and got out of her car. Quickly, she ran up to the door and flung it open. "Erin?" She called out. "Erin!" She ran over to her and helped her to her feet. "What's wrong."

"It..." She groaned. "It hurts... hurts badly... right... right here... here." She pointed to her stomach on the left side.

"Let's get you to the hospital." She persuaded.

"No, no one can know I'm pregnant." She said.

"It'll just be you and me." So they got in her car and tried to figure out what was wrong with her baby.