Chapter 4: Breakfast

Francine opened her her eyes, but she dared not move. Cuddling up to her, still asleep was Alice. She smiled when she saw her beloved's peaceful face. She carefully moved Alice's bangs from her face. Francine  gently wrapped her arms around Alice and let out a content sigh. She kissed Alice's forehead, and then soon drifted back to sleep.

Francine woke up to the faint smell of smoke and the sound of frustrated grumbling from the kitchen. She then noticed Alice was no longer next to her and knew exactly what was going on. Francine slipped out of bed and down the stairs, only to see Alice in the kitchen attempting to make breakfast. Key word: Attempting. Francine laughed.

"Having some trouble?"

Alice turned around quickly.

"Awwww Francine! You ruined the surprise!" She whines and Francine giggles.

"How about I help you so I can keep my kitchen?"

Soon the two were enjoying a delightful breakfast of crepes.

"You are quite the cook, dearest!" Alice says as she finishes her food. Francine smiles.

"Of course I am~" Francine replied, "You mind helping me with the dishes?"

Alice nods.

Soon everything was clean and Francine and Alice were silently reading. Alice laid her head on Francine's shoulder and sighed contently. Francine smiled, she kinda hoped Alice's house never got fixed, she loved living with her, even if it had only been for a day so far.