Paying In Naivety

((A/N~ so this is kinda set I'm the era that 'But It's Better If You Do' takes place in so... Ayye

Plus I actually did some research on drinks and stuff from the 1920's & 30's so woo it might not be total shit!

Also if there is smut (which I don't really like to write but I can probably ask a friend) they'll be warnings before & after the smut scene so you can skip right over if you like, deal?

~Skittles Out~))

I nervously walked down the street, accompanied by my less than worried friend. He was practically skipping down the street, adjusting his bowtie and spinning on his heels.

"C'mon, Wentz." He called out to me, laughing. "Act like you ain't ever been to a strip joint before." He ran his hand over his already slicked back black hair.

"I dunno, Brend." I said, still a bit unsure. "A strip club is one thing... But a gay one on top of it all? They're already illegal, why not add an extra cop beating if they do a raid?"

Brendon rolled his eyes at me. "You're paranoid."

"I'm being cautious." I argued back.

Brendon didn't reply. He simply kept casually walking down the street. His shined shoes clinked against the pavement unfearfully. I looked down at my own less than shined shoes. I didn't put as much care into it as Brendon did... But I also didn't wear them as often where I worked.

Where I worked was the unemployment line. Jobs weren't the easiest to come by. Lucky for me, Brendon was high up in the business world, so he gave me a place to stay. But sometimes, living with Brendon got me into situations like this.

"What's gunna happen if we do get caught?" I questioned as we came upon an old pub turned restaurant thanks to the prohibition.

"I've got a great lawyer." He simply smirked back at me, opening the door to lead me inside. I followed his lead and was met by a warmly lit room full of tables. It was empty except for a tall man that was cleaning tables. He looked up at the sound of the door and grinned.

"Beginning to think you wouldn't show." The tall man said, standing up and wiping his hands with the rag he was using to clean the tables.

Brendon shrugged, walking over with a laugh. "You know me, Weekes. Gotta make sure I'm not followed." He stuck out his hand and they shook. "Good to see you, Dallon."

"Likewise." Dallon nodded. He looked over at me. "Who's the nervous Nancy behind you?" He questioned with a suspicious look.

"Don't worry 'bout him." Brendon reassured, "He's with me. His first time, you know? Never been to any underground fun." Brendon winked.

"Virgin to the scene." Dallon nodded with his grin returning to his face, "Let's get you on your way then." He motioned for us to follow him as he walked around the counter of the unsused bar. I followed a bit hesitantly, still afraid of a cop raid suddenly bursting in.

Dallon simply walked over to the end of the bar and squatted down to the floor. He slipped something thin out of his pocket and began sliding it under the bar. He let out a triumphant noise as a clicking sound was heard. He popped back up as the bar pushed open slightly where he had been messing with it. He caught it with his foot and kicked the panel up, revealing steps leading downward.

"Have fun boys." Dallon nodded, gesturing us down. Brendon bounded down first, but as I went to plant my foot on the first step, Dallon stopped me. "First dance is on me, kid." He winked. I nodded with a nervous smile before continuing down.

As I got closer to the base of the steps, I could hear the noises of a party. There were clinks of glasses, light music, and loud cheers. Brendon was waiting for me at the doorway, stripping off his coat jacket and bowtie.