Another Dollar, Another Day (Patrick's POV)

I let out a sigh as we walked back into the restaurant. That was a close call... I shuddered slightly just thinking about the possible beating that would of fallen upon especially me if the cop had seen past our ruse...

I lead Pete, at least that's what Spencer had said his name was, back down to the base of the stairs. I turned to him and pushed my fingers back through my hair.

I was really beginning to have that wave of exhaustion hit me again. I had actually worked a lot tonight... The bootlegger had come early into the night, and did he know what he wanted...

Before him, I had another new client that wanted the works for his free dance. It was the most I had worked in just a few short hours in a while.

I leaned against the wall and looked at him. "Would you like your shirt back?.." I asked, smiling slightly.

He laughed, shaking his head. "I have my coat. You can keep the shirt if you like." He stepped forward and pressed a kiss to my cheek.

That was odd. Usually I was the one to make the first gestures of affection. Especially after their dance was done... It was usually just an exchange of money afterwards. Hardly ever a kiss from them.

He pulled away and pushed some hair out of my face. "May I lead you back to the bar?" He asked, quietly.

I nodded with a hummed response. I pushed myself off the wall and stumbled slightly, getting caught by Pete. He held me around my midsection and helped me through the door to the bar area. I slid onto a stool, and he sat right next to me. He was simply looking me over with curiosity.

"Qu'Est-ce que c'est?" I asked softly, laying my head on my arms that were rested on the bar. "What is it?.."

He shrugged. I looked him over. His eyes could make a person drunk... The different swirls of colors were simply intoxicating. I didn't tend to notice such things during my job. It was my job to please and pleasure, not make detailed observations about the attractiveness of the client...

"You don't need to threaten me with a good time." I heard a voice with a smirk in his tone. After that, I heard the unmistakable giggle of Ryan coming close to where we were sat.

"You sound like that Victor boy that comes through..." Ryan giggled, sounding like he was right behind us. I then felt his light touch to my back. "Ça va mon ami?" He asked, leaning next to me.

I nodded, but Ryan had a bit of worry on his face. "Just wait a bit." He said, tracing his fingers though my hair. He then pulled back and addressed his client once again. "Était-ce bon, mon amour?" He asked sweetly.

"Oh, oui!" Brendon laughed, "You always take care of me...My Hershey eyed amour..." He traced his fingers along Ryan's face before Ryan bounced on his tip toes to kiss him.

"Come back for me soon..." Ryan spoke almost silently when he slowly pulled away. Looking straight into Brendon's eyes.

I couldn't help but feel jealous of what they had. Even the first day that Ryan worked, Brendon was always his. The second that Brendon saw him, any other chances for the rest of us vanished. It was like they had a preexisting bond... Yet he still paid for every single night with him...

"Always." Brendon nodded just slightly, staring just as intently back.

"Will you come back for me?.." I mumbled, trailing my eyes back to the whiskey eyed boy.

He looked a bit taken back by my question. Honestly, I wasn't even positive as to why I had asked. I guess my jealousy had just spoke for me.

The corner of Pete's mouth tugged into a smile. "You have no idea what I went through just to see you tonight..." He laughed lightly, his eyes scanning my face.

I allowed myself to smile back. "Whatever it was... I appreciate it." I tilted my head just slightly and he, once again pushed his lips against mine.

There was another odd thing I noticed. He wasn't trying to shove his tongue down my throat, or try to lure my tongue into his mouth. He was just...Kissing me. No pressure for anything else... It was just sweet. Something I had little to no experience with.

I pulled away, slowly, feeling my lips tingle with his fading touch. I closed my eyes, not wanting to reveal anything at this moment...not that I knew what I was feeling...

"Next week?" He asked.

"Not soon enough..." I breathed, opening my eyes to him. He was smiling at me, rising from his barstool. He stood by Brendon and Ryan put his arm around me.

"Allons-y, Punk." Ryan cooed, helping me to my feet. "Let me take care of you." I leaned on him just slightly to keep myself steady on my feet.

"Merci..." I nodded.

Pete looked at me as Brendon grabbed a drink from the bar to quickly drink. "Take care, my punk." He told me.

"Back atchya." I smirked weakly.

"Shush." Ryan instructed me, "You need to rest. Vous pouvez à peine tenir debout." He frowned at me and I sighed.

"Oui... Au revoir, yeux whiskey..." I spoke to Pete, earning a smile.

"Au revoir Mister Brendon!" Ryan grinned, waving enthusiastically with his free hand.

Brendon laughed, blowing Ryan a kiss. "Au revoir! My Hershey eyes, I will come for you soon." He smiled widely at Ryan as he walked back to the door that lead to the stairs.

I didn't get to watch he and Pete leave, because Ryan was already leading me to the back room. I couldn't keep steady on my feet.

"I feel like something was slipped in my drink or something..." I mumbled, rubbing my eye as Ryan helped me to the bed. "I haven't had anything to drink since the beginning of the night..."

"Are you dehydrated?" Ryan asked, concerned. "Pat, you need to stay hydrated! Mon ami fou! Rest and I'll have Spencer get some water." He rushed up to his feet and out of the room.

I groaned, resting on my side. "I said felt like..." I closed my eyes and slowed my breathing. I had just done too much without enough space between. Now I was just over exhausted. I could already feel myself drifting to sleep when I heard Ryan's rushed footsteps.

"Ici! Boisson." He instructed, tapping my shoulder before pulling me up.

I blinked slowly, holding out my hand to grasp the cup. He never took his hand away, helping my loose grip. I nodded, ending up leaning on Ryan's shoulder.

"Don't scare me like that..." Ryan sighed, leaning his head on mine. "You're the closest person I have here..."

I laughed silently. "I'm sorry, Ry... I just don't usually have such interest..."

He sighed. "I can loan you money if you need it... Mister Brendon pays well-"

"You earned that, not me..." I shook my head with the little energy I had left, "I have to earn my own..."

Ryan hushed me. He pushed me gently to my side again so that I was laying down. "Next time, take at least a bit of a break..." His voice drifted into my ears as I felt sleep overtake me. There was the feeling of his lips lightly brushing against my forehead before I completely blacked out.

Well, I wouldn't say 'completely blacked out'...

Because the one thing I saw in my dreams was the intoxicating swirls of Pete's eyes...