I'm A Fuckin' Arsonist

"How the fuck did the door get this stuck!?" Frank complained, holding a foot against the wall for more leverage to pull against the door handle.

"It must of been how Jaime slammed it!" Spencer called through, "What happened out there?"

"Jaime and Vic got shot." I replied, "That's the only reason we're able to be here to attempt to help."

"Is Dallon okay?" Spencer asked, speeding through his words.

"Getting taken to the hospital as we speak."

There was a barely audible sigh of relief before the door budged just slightly. There was a cry of success from the other side. We were continuing to fight it when Patrick froze next to Frank and I.

"Is that smoke?" He asked silently. Frank and I both froze for a moment before turning. Flames were licking away at the wall by the curtained off rooms. The alcohol that had been dumped on the walls by the bulls was quickly soaking in the flame, encouraging it to rise higher.

"Oh shit." Frank muttered before turning back to the door, "ALRIGHT, MORE URGENCY TO GETTING THIS DOOR OPEN!"

"What's happening?" Ryan asked a bit fearfully, "Pat? Qu'est-ce qui ne va pas?"

"Just push!" Patrick demanded. He backed against the wall, watching the flames rise.

"We're fucking trying!" Brendon yelled in irritation.

"Fuck this..." I hissed, looking around the room. There had to be something here that could help. "Spencer, what do you keep behind that bar?"

"My supplies?"

"SOMETHING USEFUL!"

"Axe under the bar?"

I hurried over to the bar, diving down on my hands and knees. I crawled along the floor before finding the small axe that Spencer had said. I grabbed it and hurried back to the door.

"Look out!" I yelled, making Frank jump out of the way. I brought the axe up and swung it down on the spot that the knob was. The wood splintered and cracked, sending the knob ajar. I pulled the door open, revealing Spencer, Ryan, and Brendon.

"HOLY FUCK FIRE!" Brendon yelled, pulling Ryan close.

"Get to the fucking stairs before they're blocked off!" Frank ordered, waving the group through. Spencer hurried out first, followed by Brendon and his stripper.

"Wait!" Ryan stopped, tugging on Brendon's arm. "The money!"

"Forget the money!" Brendon yelled. He scooped the stripper up in his arms and running with him through the growing smoke. "It's pointless if you're dead!"

Frank began to hurry to the stairs as well. I turned to follow, but I noticed Patrick going into the room.

"Miss Hals! Reckless!" Patrick called out, coughing on the smoke in the air. "Where... Where are you?"

"Punk!" I hurried into the room after him, "The fire..."

"They're still here!" Patrick coughed, "I can't leave them!"

I followed Patrick into the room, covering my mouth from the smoke. I almost lost sight of him as the smoke grew thicker. I stumbled against a bed, tripping to the floor. I looked around and noticed stacks of money under the bed. I reached out and grabbed for them, remembering what Ryan had said.

"Yeux...Yeux whiskey!" Patrick coughed from somewhere across the room.

I crawled towards it, trying to stay below the growing smoke. I saw him laying on the ground, next to a loose panel on the wall. He was tugging at it weakly, having trouble breathing. I crawled all the way over to him and helped pull the wall panel away. With the panel, came a wall of smoke, causing us to gag and choke.

Also inside, were two unconscious figures. The two strippers had already been trapped by the smoke.

"No!" Patrick reached out for them. He gripped the first hand he found, getting no response. He tugged weakly with his fully functional arm, but he couldn't get them out. "Please..."

I crawled closer to the space in the wall. I reached in a bit blindly and tugged at the first arm that came into my grasp. I pulled as hard as I could, dragging out the boy. Once he was out, I went back for the girl while Patrick crawled over to the limp figure.

"Reckless... Don't be dead..." Patrick pleaded softly, tapping his cheek before checking his pulse.

I had Miss Hals out not long after Reckless. I was checking for her pulse when Patrick let out a soft cry.

"It was his first night..." Patrick whispered, coughing.

"She didn't make it either, Punk." I coughed in response, "The ventilation for the room must of gone into the hidden spots on their way out..."

Patrick rolled onto his side, looking at me through the smoke that was filling the room. "We're gunna die..." Patrick spoke silently as the smoke swirled around us.

I shook my head. I didn't want to admit that I thought the same thing, but the smoke infecting my lungs was just confirmation. Patrick was talking longer blinks as he looked at me.

"Hey, hey..." I reached out and grasped his hand, "Remember how I told you to stay alive on the phone earlier?.. It extends to now..."

Patrick didn't respond, he simply kept breathing.

I looked at the room around us. The doorway was being licked by flames. There was no escaping that way anymore. I turned back to the small hole in the wall. The smoke swirled around it, but it was doing something else. It was going inside without circling back out.

"The tunnel..." I breathed. I looked over at Patrick, who was breathing much slower now. "Hey, punk, the tunnel, doesn't it lead to the next building?"

"It was blocked..." Patrick replied weakly, coughing more on the tainted air.

I crawled over to the tunnel and peaked down into it. There was mostly darkness, but a small sliver of light was visible... Or I was just hallucinating...

"There's a chance..." I turned back to Patrick, "You've got to stay with me, okay?" I crawled over to him and pressed a kiss against his lips. I hardly got response from his lips, but there was some.

When I pulled away, I leaned my head against his for just a second. "You may be a stripper, but I refuse to let you die... Especially like this."

I turned back to the hole in the wall and crawled towards it. I crawled through the tunnel until I got to the end. I pressed my hand against a cool, metal surface. I banged against it, coughing at the thicker smoke here.

"Help!" I called out between coughs, "PLEASE!"

I banged against the metal barrier, feeling light headed. The smoke was escaping through a small hole, but not fast enough. My lungs almost couldn't take it.

"I can't let him die..." I breathed out, hitting the metal as hard as I could. It was harder to keep my eyes open. It was harder to breathe.

I forced myself back out of the tunnel with what little strength I had. I was still half in when I reached out for Patrick. I pulled him close to me, barely even able to do that.

"You won't die alone..." I breathed, closing my eyes. I couldn't open them anymore. It felt like the end of all things for us... But at least he wasn't alone...