Moonlighting Aside, He Really Needs Their Money (Patrick's POV)

I continued to play with Pete's empty glass for awhile after he left. He had explained why he wouldn't let me touch him tonight, but I couldn't stop the feeling of it being something wrong with me beyond that.

People usually didn't care about bruises. They would consider that experience...

I turned and looked out at the room behind me. Miss Hals was on the lap of the red haired girl, pushing their lips together. Ryan was speaking happily to Brendon as the boy leaned against the stripper's chest. There were other dancers at the pole, but I didn't even bother to look to distinguish who they were.

It was the wrong day for a big crowd of people... The chances of another client tonight were low...

"Spencer?" I called out, tapping the bar to get him to turn and face me. "Can I use the phone?"

Spencer nodded, so I hopped over the bar, careful not to catch my webbing like material on anything. Spencer rolled his eyes at me, but said nothing. I made my way over to the phone and began to dial the number I had to call. I waited for a voice on the other end, but not for long.

"Hello?"

"Elisa, how is she?" I asked a but rushed. I hadn't called in a few days now...

There was a sigh on the other end of the phone. "Patrick, she's absolutely no better. If you would just let me admit her-"

"I pay you to keep her out of those places!" I responded angrily. My free hand cletched into a fist at my side at simply the mention of the words.

"It was just a suggestion." Elisa replied cooly, "Their methods are actually supposed to help."

"It's a suggestion that I never want to hear again."

"Patrick, look what you've been forced to do for a living! Just to pay the bills so this poor insane wo-"

"I chose this!" I cut her off, still heated. "I am an adult, Elisa, I can make decisions for myself. Unlike the woman you're the hired caregiver of."

"I understand..." Elisa replied lowly, "I just hope you realize that your payment has been slipping and I've been offered better elsewhere."

My heart dropped. I knew my payment hadn't been the best. I had been turning over everything I had... Wasn't that good enough? Was it greed or need getting the best of her judgment?

"Please, Elisa, not yet..." My tone was quiet, on the verge of begging. "I need you to help her..."

There was yet another sigh on the other end of the phone. "You're going to have to let her go someday."

"Not today."

"Soon." Was the only response I got before the line went dead. I slowly put the receiver back and just stood still in front of it. I knew this job would pay... I knew it would take money to keep her out... But it didn't seem to be working anymore.

I cursed lowly, under my breath, before turning and walking around the bar. What was I going to do?..

As I walked back to the bar, so were Brendon and Ryan. Ryan was dragging the other boy over, making him sit before climbing onto his lap.

"Bonjour Punk!" Ryan waved at me. I waved back with a half smile.

"Where's Pete?" Brendon asked, a bit confused.

I shrugged, "Business call, I suppose."

"Cela ne fait pas plaisir..." Ryan sighed, leaning his head on top of Brendon's.

"It simply means I have all the time in the world, my Hershey eyes." Brendon grinned, trying to look up at the stripper.

I turned away from them as they began to speak sappily to each other. I was watching the door as someone stepped inside. It was a man with long slicked back hair that I had seen before... If I could just put my finger on his name...

"Vic! Back again." Spencer greeted him. Thanks for the reminder, Spencer.

"I finished up my last job early." Vic laughed, coming over and shaking Spencer's hand. He looked down the bar and shot me a smile before turning back to Spencer and ordering a drink.

I slipped off my bar stool and walked over to him, jumping onto the stool next to him. "Bonjour." I smiled.

"Hola." He grinned at me, "What do I owe the pleasure?"

"I just haven't seen you around in awhile." I shrugged, dancing my fingers along the bar. He chuckled lowly, watching my fingers.

"It's business that's holding me back." Vic said simply, grabbing the drink that Spencer had left on the counter for him. He sipped it before setting it lightly back on the counter. "I'm just slowly taking back what's mine..."

"Sounds stressful..." I mused, dancing my fingers up his arm to trail across his back. "Soins pour un certain soulagement?.. Care for some release?.."

"Oh, always." Vic laughed, turning fully to me. "Show me what you've got..." He reached into his shirt pocket and pulled out a stack of bills, making my eyes grow wide. "Because if you're good enough, I will pay accordingly..."

"Whenever you are ready." I smiled sweetly, attempting to keep from staring at the money in his hand. That would definitely help my situation... Especially seeing as I had only gotten five dollars tonight from Pete...

"Whenever you'd like to take me." Vic replied, biting a bill, shoving the money back in his pocket, and grabbing the bill from his teeth and shoved it in my bra.

I stood up and grabbed his hand. I waited for him to rise and began leading him to a back room. "Whatever you'd like..." I whispered, looking back at him with a smile before reaching for the curtain.

---
A/N~ so this chapter is way shorter than usual but it's kinda building up to shit going down...

Don't know how long it'll take to get there, but I got plaaaaans this is actually so fun to write I'm digging it

Next chapter should be the usual longer length! See ya then! ;)

~Skittles Out~