Chapter one

"Emily! It's time to get up! Don't be late to your first day of school!" "Alright, alright! I'm up." I walk downstairs to the kitchen wondering how the first day of high school in California would be like. Was I finally going to make friends? Was I going to be labeled, "the social outcast" on the first day of school? Seriously what was going to happen? I looked at the time and it said the right time. I was supposed to be at the bus stop in 10 minutes! How did that happen? I know very well I did not sleep that late. I ran to the bathroom pushing my sister out of the way. I got ready surprisingly quick. I stared in the mirror looking at my long brown hair. I saw scissors and grabbed them, and took my hair out of the pony tail I put it in and cut it all off, well, except for my bangs. I took my bangs and put hair gel in it to prop it up.

I looked at my phone. I still had 5 minutes until I had to go. I rolled up my sleeves and started to cry. Just thinking of my dad makes me want to die. I got my hidden razor blades and made ten really deep cuts. They weren't deep enough to kill, but deep enough to feel the pain of it. I cleaned off my arms and make sure there's no blood on me. I look at my phone again and I'm going to be late if I didn't leave right now.