Chapter Eleven

TIME SKIP

I get back 3 hours later. I see someone on the couch. I assumed that it was Zoi. I said," have you been waiting for me the whole time?"

I hear a kind, gentle, and yet strained voice. It is familiar and still unexpected. I look at the figure and I can't see anything. The room was pitch black. The unidentified person sitting there stood to their feet. I hear I groan. It was very loud. It was as if the person who made the groan was in lots of pain. I wanted to reach for the lamp next to me, but I was frozen. I could not move from total fear. The silhouette groaned as it reached for the lamp two feet away from it. The light cuts on and my eyes have to adjust to light. The person was all bloody. I recognized the person. It was Rose. I could tell that it was her indefinitely. I could profusely tell that it was her by her beautiful eyes. they were the color of the Mediterrainean Sea. They were a alluring ombre color. They were blue in the inside and green as a coating. The green color was the color of trees at the end of summer. They were just beautiful. I could look into them forever. Then i see everything else. I open my mouth to let a gasp but nothing came out. I swing my hand to my mouth attempting to cover it. I couldn't help it, I felt tears dart down my face. I could believe what what I was seeing before me. I walk her to the couch that she was sitting on when I walked into the tiny apartment building. She sat down likem a small, fragile, brittle-boned old woman. She let out yet another groan. the second that she sat down, I questioned her. "What happened to you?" I asked, eager to know. "I was walking down the street, talking to my best friend about you." I felt my face get hot and Rose noticed it too. She said, "I was telling her about how you treated me with respect. I told her some stuff about you, and also how every time I even think about you, I get dozens of butterflies. About how beautiful you are. I said how I wanted to date you because you make me feel alive again." Both of our faces were red. The truth is, I felt the exact same way about her. Though we'd only known each other for less than a week, but I felt precisely like when me and Zachary were together. "Then," she continued to say, "I wanted to take the shortcut that i almost always use, which is through an alley. I heard a sound come from behind me. I snapped my neck around to see what it was. When I did, this man ordered three other people to get me and hold me down. The people did as the man said. He said,"we'll beat the fag outta yah!" After he said that, I blacked out. I woke up on the ground in the back of the alley. I limped here as fast as I could."

I looked at her shocked and demanded, "describe what they looked like." She said, "he was wearing I think it was Marilyn Monroe shirt, well it was more of a sweatshirt, and his hair was dirty blonde, an-." I cut her off. I pull out my phone and showed her a picture of Zachary. "Is this the guy?" She responded, "it doesn't really Matt-." "Is this the guy?!" I practically yell at her. She looked down and said yes. I said that's all I need to know."