Chapter ten

I wake up and go in the living room to see Zoï and Rose talking with cups of what looks like coffee in a mug in each of their hands. They are laughing at something but I don't know what. Zoï looks pissed. Oh shit, I left her at that party last. Yup, I definitely left her last night. I felt SO guilty. Zoi looked at me with a smug look that I never saw her wear, ever. Then, I saw Rose looking at me.  She got up from her seat on the couch, set her mug of half drank coffee on the coffee table right next to her, and said,"well, I'll call you later." I looked at her and gave her my phone to put her number in. I didn't understand why she was so eager to leave. 

TIME SKIP; 2 HOURS AFTER ROSE LEAVES:

ZOI LEFT TO GO TO HER FRIENDS' HOUSE:

I hear a light knock on the door. I get up to answer the door and the person on the other side starts to pound on the door.  Pound, pound, pound. Pound, pound, pound. I get up close to the door and look out through the peephole in the door and see a guy with a black hoodie, a white fruit of the loom t-shirt, with black roses. He was standing outside with a bouquet of all black roses. I let a sob escape me as I thought of Zachary. I opened the door to see a man who looked exactly like Zachary. I looked at the bouquet of the black flowers. The man said with a tear in his eye,"Is it you, Emily? It's me Zachary." I nodded and threw my arms around him. We both start sobbing with happiness. After I was done being so happy he was alive, I then realized that he was supposed to be dead. I slowly unraveled my hands from behind him. I tried to stifle my laughter but it would not stay in. Just like my sister, I laugh in situations that are to hard for me to handle. I backed away slowly inspecting his body. The attire that he was wearing was nothing but preliminary. He looked  at me with blood-shot eyes, like he had been crying for a millennium. He smelled of sewage and rotten eggs. "Your supposed to be dead! Your supposed to. Be. Dead!" I said. He tried to walk towards me but I slammed the door. He threw the flowers onto the ground and left. He pulled a piece of paper out of his back pocket and threw it onto the ground. I saw two teardrops fall onto the ground. He stomped away, and as he did, I slowly opened up my front door to retrieve the note and coal-colored flowers. I read the note and it said for me to meet him at an old park on the horrid side of town at three o'clock. The park was known as the old millennium park. 

I decide to meet him the next day. I got there 30 minutes early, and he had the same idea. I went up to him and he looked good. He cut his hair, got some really nice dark blue jeans, and a red shirt of Marilyn Monroe with a bandana over her mouth with a gun in her right hand and a bottle of spirit in her left. I know, I was aghast also. He had on some red and black nike shoes with black nike socks. He had MORE black roses. Yes, more roses.

The first thing he said to me wasn't,"hi" or "nice to see you again." He says, "we are going to have a nice grown- up discussion whether you like it or not." I looked at him confused. 

TO BE CONTINUED