Chapter eight

As we went outside, she grabbed my hand and pulled me to an old swing set on the left of the old house. We sat on the swing set for about five minutes until she said some thing. She said," ever since I was young, I've known that I was attracted to the opposite sex. Well about two years ago, my mom answered a call on my phone. It was my girlfriend. Well my mom found out I was gay and beat me. She smashed my phone and took my car keys so I couldn't leave the house. But she beat me and beat me. I couldn't take it anymore so I ran away. So I moved into this apartment complex. I got a job. I was finally starting to get my life together. Well about four months after I first moved in, I was in my apartment after a long day of work and u heard a noise come from the kitchen." She starts to cry. "Well there were three guys in my house that night. One guy blocked the front door, another one blocking the bathroom, and the other blocking my bedroom. I had nowhere to run so they all ran at me at the same time. When they got to me, two of them held me down and the other one forced me to have sex with him. The took turns. After they were done raping me, they beat the shit out of me, like my mom did but worse. They broke seven of my bones, fractured eight of them and kicked all of my teeth in. They left me there to die like I didn't even matter. That got me thinking. 'Hey, I guess I don't matter.' So I tried to kill myself a week after I got out of the hospital. It didn't work. Again. Again. Again. And again. I thought,' I'm so fucking dumb that I can't even kill myself right. So I just resorted to cutting."