Chapter Three

Charles's P.O.V

I was laying in bed as I usually did around this time of day since the war started and the people I loved left me. I looked over to the picture of Raven and Beth together sadly and took another sip of my whiskey, clearing my throat when it burned. I was about to refill my glass when I heard a loud bang downstairs and I rolled my eyes. "Professor?!" I heard someone shout and I quickly got out of my bed.

I trudged down the hall and to the stairs, huffing as I stopped at the top. "Hank? What's going on here?"

Hank looked at me from his spot on the chandelier and I looked at the man who was getting ready to attack him. I walked down the rest of the steps and sighed.

"Professor?" The man asked.

I shook my head and finished off my drink. "Please don't call me that."

"Why? You know this guy?" Hank asked.

"Yes, he looks familiar. Get off the bloody chandelier, Hank!" I ordered and he flopped back onto the ground and landed on his feet.

The familiar face looked at me confused as I walked over to a different spot of the room. "You can walk?"

I rolled my eyes. "You're a perceptive one."

"But I thought Erik-"

"Which makes it slightly perplexing that you missed our sign on the way in. This is private property, my friend. I'm gonna have to ask him to ask you to leave." I finished, ignoring his comment.

He shook his head. "Well. I'm afraid I can't do that... because I was sent here for you."

"Well, tell whoever it was sent you that I'm busy." I suggested with an irritated tone.

"That's gonna be a little tricky... because the people who sent me was you and Beth. And she's a persistent one." He said, catching my attention.

I breathed out a laugh to cover up my heartache when he brought up the woman I loved. "What?"

"About fifty years from now." He finished.

"Like in the future, fifty years from now? Piss off." I spat.

"If you had your powers, you'd know I'm telling the truth." He said, which confused me.

"How'd you know I don't have my p-...Who are you?" I asked in disbelief.

"I told you."

"Are you CIA?" I asked.

"No."

"You've been watching me." I stated.

"I know you, Charles. We've been friends for years. I know your powers came when you were nine. I know you thought you were going crazy when it started... all the voices in your head. And it wasn't until you were 12... that you realized all the voices were in everyone else's head. Do you want me to go on?" He explained, looking at my shocked expression.

"I never told anyone that...." I mumbled.

"Not yet, no. But you will."

I shook my head. "Alright you've piqued my interest. What do you want?"

"We have to stop Raven." He paused and I opened my mouth to say something before he continued. "And we have to save Beth from going on a terrible path..."

A lump formed in my throat as he mentioned the two people I held near and dear. "I think I'd like to wake up now...."

--
Beth's P.O.V

"They're here." Erik mumbled from the other side of the cell.

I tilted my head and looked up weakly from the side I was on. "Who?"

Before he could answer, a guard dropped a tray into the cell that had our food and my daily dose of fuck you. I rolled my eyes when he tapped on the glass for me to take the serum so he could leave. I flipped him off as I took it and threw the empty syringe across the room, watching it shatter with hatred in my eyes. The guard left quickly after that and I slid the food over to Erik.

"You have to eat, Beth." He said.

I shook my head and curled up against the wall. "You know I haven't been feeling well. Eat it... Please."

Erik sighed and I heard his soft footsteps come closer to me. I felt his arms wrap around me as he spooned me and I closed my eyes. "You're going to get weak.."

"This damn serum is what's making me weak." I said angrily as I shivered.

"Beth. You look like shit." He whispered against the back of my neck before kissing it.

"Wow you really know how to make a girl feel good about herself." I mumbled. I then turned around to face him and I looked into his eyes. "Do you think Charles knows we're here...?"

I felt him tense before he shook his head. "Hard to say."

I buried my head in his chest and embraced the warmth that was radiating off of him. "I miss Charles. I miss Alex... I miss Raven..." I trailed off once I felt a lump form in my throat. I refused to cry in front of Erik. The day I cry in front of Erik Lehnsherr is the day I die.

A/N: Please give me feedback? :) I love you guys <3 let me know how you like it so far! How do you feel about Charles's POV?