Chapter Eight

A/N: Sorry for my absence! I've been busy with exams and family stuff :/ but I am back! I really hate to ask but... Can you guys please give me feedback? Like comment? Pleaseeee?

The Past (Charles P.O.V)

"Hey? Logan! Are you okay?" I heard Beth ask in a worried tone. I was about to ask what was wrong but Erik had pointed a gun at Raven. Where the hell did he even get that...

"Erik?" I asked in disbelief. "Erik what are you doing?!"

"Securing our future. Forgive me, Mystique. As long as you're out there we'll never be safe." Erik spat, clicking the gun, ready to fire.

"Erik!" Beth shouted, only for him to ignore. She curled my hands into fists and was ready to knock him out with her powers, but he saw it coming, so he used his powers to throw her against the wall, knocking her out.

I stood to go help her but Erik wasn't going to stand down. "Erik... Stop this..."

"Use your powers Charles, stop him!" Raven begged.

Erik scoffed. "He can't."

I saw Hank tending to Beth and noticed she had a cut on her forehead from the impact of hitting the floor. I then noticed Logan spazzing out in the corner. I gave Raven a look that said "run" and she acted quickly, jumping out the window.

Hank tackled Erik, but he still fired the gun and it went out the window, curving towards her.

I watched as Erik followed Raven out the window. I sighed and ran over to Logan, seeing as he could kill us any moment.

"Where am I?!" Logan asked in distress.

"Huh?" I asked, glancing over at Beth who was still on the ground...

"How the hell did I get here?!"

I rose a brow. "What? You came to us!"

"Who are you?!" Again with the yelling.

"Charles-" He then grabbed me and I shoved him off. "Charles Xavier!"

"I don't know you..." He mumbled.

"What?" I asked incredulously.

"What the hell is that?!" He asked, looking towards Hank who was now in his blue form.

I rolled my eyes and spoke to Hank quickly. "I can deal with this, just go stop Erik!" He then jumped out the window to follow him. I turned back to Logan. "You're Logan, that's Hank McCoy, that woman on the floor there is my-... Beth Everette. I'm Charles Xavier. You spent the last couple of days with us." I paused and looked his face over. "Are you on acid? Somebody gave you really bad acid. Yeah?"

The Future (Beth's P.O.V)

Erik gently sat me down against the wall, careful not to wound me further than I already was. After he gave me a sad smile, he walked outside to wait with the others that would defend us as long as they could.

"She's wounded pretty bad..." I heard Bobby tell Charles.

"I have a mouth, kid. I could have told him that." I said chuckling. "Don't worry about me. I'm not the hero."

Bobby looked at me, his eyes full of sadness. "I'm sorry this happened to you..." He said before he stood by the door.

"What matters is that Logan is alright, hm?" I asked with a hint of amusement in my voice.

Kitty nodded and gave a weak smile. "I got him."

I looked over at Charles, who was looking at me already. His eyes were full of fear and regret. "What's troubling you, hot shot?"

"You know what..." He whispered, coming closer to me.

I shook my head. "I trust this kid. Do you know how dedicated he was to take Erik, Raven and I down? He's got this..."

Charles nodded and I smiled at him. Just like the old days. Except in the old days I wasn't bleeding to death.