Chapter Six

The Future

I looked down at Logan quickly before sighing and leaning against the wall once more. "How long is this going to take...? What if they get here before he resets the future?"

"Don't worry, B-... Enchantress." Charles said quietly. "I trust him."

"Charles. You know you can still call me Beth, right...?" I paused and stepped over to him. "No matter how many times we fought.... I still hated watching you leave when we last spoke. You still drive me crazy."

He smiled softly. "That's why I did it... So you'd miss me." I shook my head to hide my smile. "It wasn't all bad was it?"

"Some of it was good." I said, looking into the eyes I fell in love with all those years ago. "Really good."

The Past

"Fancy a game? It's been a while." Erik's voice asked.

I turned around and saw him set up chess at the table him and Charles were sat at.

Charles shook his head. "I'm not in the mood for games, thank you."

I sighed and stood up, stretching. I had no desire to watch them fight again, so I sat with Logan. "So you're scary looking." I said.

He looked at me like he was looking at an old friend. Eyes full of sadness and regret. "I get that a lot."

I offered him a small smile, which he returned. "What can you do?" He made a fist and his bones shot out of his knuckles to make claws. I squinted and chuckled. "That's cool. Also really kinda gross." The bones slid back into his hand as he chuckled at my answer. "You're from the future, right?"

Logan nodded. "Yes."

"What am I like...? A-...Am I alright?" I asked, my bottom lip quivering at the mere thought.

"You're..." He paused and looked into my eyes. "You're not like this."

"What do you mean?" My heart beat picked up as the words came out of his mouth.

"You let your past get to you. In the future you're an enemy to society that goes by 'The Enchantress'.... You've killed a lot of people, Beth. That's one of the reasons I'm here. To set you on the right path." He explained.

I breathed out a laugh as tears slid down my cheeks. "I take it you've tried to kill me?"

"Other way around, actually. Charles wouldn't let us hurt you... Until you mentored a mutant that went by Jean Grey..." He paused and a wave of sadness washed over his face. "You made her turn evil and she killed him and a boy named Scott Summers." The name Jean Grey sounded vaguely familiar to me, but I shook it off as I felt tears forming in my eyes.

I choked out a sob as he told me this. I would never hurt anyone! Certainly not Scott or Charles! "You have to be mistaken! S-Scott is like a brother to me. I-I..."

"That's why I'm here to fix that. That and we have to stop Raven." He reassured me.

"Stop Raven from what..?"

"Killing Trask."

A/N: Shit is going down! I'm sorry that I quoted The Force Awakens in the future... I just loved that movie so much!