Chapter Seven

"Beth..." A voice called while shaking me awake. I opened my eyes slowly and saw Hank's eyes staring back at me. "Good morning, Sleeping Beauty. It actually afternoon but-"

"Hank. Shut up." I said before engulfing him in a hug. "I haven't had a proper chance to say hello." I said into his shoulder. "Y'know with passing out and all."

He chuckled and I could feel it vibrate his throat. "It's good to have you back, Beth."

--

"Charles, I want to apologize..." I started once I caught up with him.

"For what?" He asked me with a raised brow.

"For leaving you..." I looked at the ground as we walked before I looked into his eyes. "I...."

Charles stopped walking, motioning for the others to go ahead of us. "Beth, you think I'm mad at you?" He gave a small chuckle. "I'm anything but. I'm just happy to see you."

"I have to tell you something... In case what Logan said is true and we can't fix it..." I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "I love you..."

He smiled and pulled me towards him. "I know." He then kissed me lightly before we rejoined the group.

--

As we were about to reach the designated room, there was a lot of ruckus coming from it and the shouts of me.

"Raven..." I whispered before running ahead of everyone and into the room. "Raven!"

She was startled by my voice, causing her to get tased by a man I remembered to be no other than William Styrker, the son of the man we had met with Moira.

There was a stabbing pain in my head and before I could react, I had shot him across the room and all I could hear were thoughts of those around me. But I didn't care, I had my powers back.

"B-beth?" Raven muttered from where she lay on the table.

"Hey." I replied, petting her hair back.

The rest of the group walked in and Charles immediately was at my side with Raven. "Charles?"

I smiled and let them have their moment, so I stood and walked away from them.

Logan began to pale and I grabbed him by the shoulders. "Hey? Logan! Are you okay?"

"Erik?" Charles said in disbelief. I turned and saw him aiming a gun at Raven. "Erik what are you doing?!"

"Securing our future. Forgive me, Mystique. As long as you're out there we'll never be safe." Erik spat, clicking the gun, ready to fire.

"Erik!" I shouted. When I realized he wouldn't give up, I curled my hands into fists and was ready to knock him out, but he was too smart for me and he saw it coming, so he used his powers to throw me against the wall, knocking me out.

Boy did Charles pick out a bad outfit for me to wear today...

The Future

"He's slipping! He's slipping back! I'm losing him!" Kitty shouted.

I hurried over and took Logan's arm, watching the purple energy go into him. I thought it was helping him calm until his claws came out and he flailed. I gasped out and squeezed my eyes shut.

"Beth?" Kitty asked from beside me.

I shook my head and concentrated harder on Logan's mind. His claws slipped back into his knuckles and I fell to my knees, my throat tightening as I tried suppressing a sob.

"Beth!" Erik called, pulling me to my feet only for me to lean into him. "Restrain him! This can't happen again."

"We got him, Beth..." Kitty assured.

Erik pulled my shirt up and revealed a large wound that had blood pooling out of it. "Charles..." He said with sadness in his tone. "Let's hope this works..."

Charles looked at us. "Dear god..."

A/N: GOD DAMMIT BETH! STOP GETTING HURT! How do you feel about this chapter? Or the story so far in general? Comment, vote and add to your library! <3 -Em