Chapter Five

"What did they do to her?" I heard a voice ask in my unconscious state. "Why couldn't she use her powers?"

I heard a sigh. "The guards found out that she was a telepath. They've been giving her a serum for ten years, Charles. When it wears off it will hurt her..." There was a pause. "How did you lose them?" Erik asked, curious as to why he was useless earlier as well.

"The treatment for my spine... It effects my DNA..." Charles responded.

I opened my eyes and stared at him. "You...." I bit my lip in pain. "You sacrificed your powers.... T-to walk?" I asked weakly.

Charles frowned. "I sacrificed my powers so I could sleep..."

"Do y-you.... Know what I would do to have had my powers these last ten years I was trapped in that hellhole?!" I asked angrily.

"Beth, you don't understand!" He shouted at me, causing me to flinch. "I-I...." Tears brimmed his eyes. "Whenever I would try to sleep... The pain from my spine.... That was more bearable than where my mind wandered to."

I sat up slowly and clutched my wound. "What do you mean...?"

He shook his head. "It's over now..." He scoffed. "What do you know about struggle?"

A lump formed in my throat as his words stung me like salt on a wound. "What do I know about struggle?!"

"Now you've done it..." The man who I found out to be Logan muttered from his seat.

"We've lost our fair share." Erik said with an angry tone.

Charles gave an emotionless chuckle. "Dry your eyes Erik. It doesn't justify what you've done."

"You don't know what I've done." Erik said through gritted teeth.

"I know you took the things that meant most to me. The people I love!" Charles shouted angrily.

I looked to Logan who seemed to be just as annoyed as I was.

"Well maybe you should have fought harder for them." Erik shot back.

Charles stood up and grabbed Erik's shirt. "If you want a fight, Erik, I'll give you a fight!"

"Calm the fuck down and shut up!" I shouted, only to be ignored.

"You abandoned me! You took her away- her and Raven, and you abandoned me!" Charles shouted, his voice cracking.

My heart felt like it stopped beating. Why would he care? He made it pretty clear he wasn't interested.

"Angel. Emma. Azazel. Banshee! Mutant brothers and sisters, all dead!" With each word Erik spoke, the plane caved in even more. "Countless others! Experimented on! Butchered!"

I stood up and grabbed Erik's arm, looking up at him with pleading eyes. "Erik, please... Calm down..."

He looked down at me and his eyes darkened. He then ripped his arm out of my grip as he stalked to the back of the plane, causing it to go back to normal and no longer be in danger of crashing.

"I take it you have experience with him?" Logan asked, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

"That's not how I usually deal with him." I muttered before sitting back down and staring at Charles who stared right back. "We're going to have to talk eventually."

"I know." He answered simply.

"Charles..." I began, only for him to cut me off.

"Don't. Please." He muttered.

I sighed and nodded, laying back down and sighing in aggravation. "So you know?"

"About you and Erik? Yes." He said.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "I don't lo-"

"I know."

A/N: please comment, vote, follow and add the story to your library! :)