Chapter Fourteen

A/N: Oh shit, Beth is dead in the future! How do you guys feel about Jean being the daughter of Beth and Charles? Originally I was going to make their daughter be Rogue, but she's too young for the time frame I chose... So my other plan was to make Peter (Quicksilver) be the son of Erik and his real mother is Beth but I figured that'd be a bit much? I don't know, let me know what you think of this chapter! Love you guys :) P.S this chapter is sappy as fuck.

The Past (Beth P.O.V)

"This the system I designed to record any news about Paris, over all three networks and PBS." Hank announced after we found out Raven was heading to Washington D.C.

"Wow all three."" Logan said sarcastically which earned him a glare from me.

"Yeah. And PBS." I said happily not to dampen Hank's mood.

Hank nodded and cleared his throat. "Anyways, look what I found."

"Tomorrow in front of the White House, the President will make his announcement. He'll be joined by Secretary of Defense Laird and has even sought the help of renowned scientist Bolivar Trask, he's special adviser to combat this mutant issue. The White House has asked-" The recording stopped abruptly as the TV burst into flames, causing the three men to look at me as I shrugged and gave an embarrassed smile.

Charles blinked a few times before stating,"Raven doesn't realize that if she kills Trask at an event like that with the whole world watching..." 

"She'll start something we can't finish." I added.

"Then I came a long way for nothing." Logan said quietly.

Hank nodded "And there's more bad news-"

"Oh great, of course there is!" I interrupted angrily before apologizing and motioning for him to continue.

"I saw the report, they found traces of her blood in Paris. For all we know, they already have her DNA, which is all they'd need..."

"To create the Sentinels of the future." I whispered, remembering what Logan had said when he arrived. "How are we going to stop this?"

"There's a theory in Quantum Physics that time is immutable. It's like a river, you can throw a pebble into it, create a ripple, but the current always corrects itself. No matter what you do, the river just keeps flowing in the same direction... What I'm saying is, what if the war is inevitable? What if she's meant to kill Trask? What if this is just simply who she is?" Hank replied.

I looked to the ground sadly before looking up once Charles began to speak. "Just because someone stumbles, loses their way, doesn't mean they're lost forever." He paused and smiled to himself. "No, I don't believe that theory, Hank. And I cannot believe that that is who she is. Ready the plane, we're going to Washington."

I sighed. "Great. More plane rides." I said while walking out of the room. "At least this time Erik won't be there and I don't have to worry about being crushed like a soup can once someone is done with it."

"Your analogies don't make any sense whatsoever." Charles chuckled.

"Bite me." I growled.

"I have in the past, perhaps after all this is sorted out, eh?" He said before wheeling past me as I stopped in my tracks. Logan patted me on the shoulder and laughed. I really should have thought that through before saying it...

*Time skip, whoo!*

As we were sat on the plane I looked up at Charles through my bangs and noticed him looking back. "Staring is kinda creepy, you know." I said with a small smile before looking at him fully. "Ever since you took Erik and I from the Pentagon you've been staring at me a lot. Why?"

He shifted awkwardly in his seat. "I lost you once..." He paused as he took my hand across the table. "I don't want to lose you again. I found you and you found me. I don't want to ever have a life without you now that I've had one with you..." He then cleared his throat as his face flushed. "I guess what I'm getting at is that um-"

"Charles. I can read your mind, you don't need to torture yourself." I said while smiling. "Yes."

"Yes?" He asked, his eyes wide with shock.

"Yes, of course you dork!" I chuckled.

"What just happened?" Logan asked with a raised brow.

"Charles and I are engaged." I explained while still chuckling at Charles's embarrassment and then seeing Logan with his mouth agape. "Also, you were about to say something?"

Logan closed his mouth and nodded. "Right, but congratulations. Anyways, whatever happens today, I need you to promise me something. You looked into my mind and you've seen a lot of bad, but you've seen the good too. The X-Men. Promise me you'll find us. Use your power, bring us together. Guide us, lead us. Storm, Scott, Jean. Remember those names. There's so many of us. We will need you, Professor."

"Jean? The one I..." I trailed off when he nodded. That name sounded strangely familiar to me again. I just didn't know where...

"But with you not being with Erik, that won't happen. I need you to trust me. Can you do that?" Logan asked, looking into my eyes as I nodded.

A/N: I told you it was going to be sappy as fuck xD Don't forget to give feedback! Next chapter will probably also be posted today because I FINALLY have an idea of some sort.