Chapter Six

Chapter Six.

I rolled over and snuggled under the duvet. I breathed in the smell but frowned when I realised that I wasn’t in my own bed. I sat up and looked around the dark room.

“Hey.” I was relieved to find that it was just Nathan laid by my side but was embarrassed when I realised that I wasn’t wearing any clothes.

“Tea?” Nathan asked as he got out of bed.

“Please.” He was wearing nothing either. He pulled on a pair of boxers before leaving the room. I had slept with Nathan Sykes. I had slept with the enemy. Damn it, Eva!

I didn’t want it to be just a one night stand with him. That was not part of the plan.

Nathan came back with two cups of tea and sat down on the end of the bed. He handed me one of them and I smiled gratefully. There was a comfortable silence between the two of us. This was just a one night stand to him. But I didn’t want it to be. Part of me wanted to grab him and kiss him but I knew I couldn’t. He was the enemy. I had to stick to the plan.

“So,” Nathan started. “How are you?”

“Good, I guess. You?”

“I’m good too.” There was silence between the two of us while we finished our drinks. I got out of Nathan’s bed and started searching round for my clothes. I was fully aware of Nathan watching me as I slipped my underwear on.

I quickly pulled my dress back on and turned to look at Nathan who was now wearing a pair of joggers. He smiled at me and butterflies burst into my stomach. Stop it, Eva!

“I guess I’ll see you around,” I said before leaving his bedroom. I walked into his living room as I tried to figure out what to do from here.

“Wait.” I smiled as I turned around to look at Nathan.

“Meet me again,” he said.

“Oh…I don’t know.” He walked over to me and took my hand in his.

“I don’t want this to be just a one night stand.” I smiled at his words.

“Okay.”

“Tomorrow?” he asked.

“I’m busy.”

“The day after?”

“Still busy.”

“When aren’t you busy?”

“Friday.”

“Okay. I’ll take you out for dinner again.”

“It’s a date.”

“It is,” he said with a smile. I pulled his front door open then stepped outside his flat.

“Bye,” I spoke before walking down the stairs and exiting the building.

The cool air hit me as I stepped out into the streets of London. The streets were quite empty. It must’ve been early. I started walking to my house and was given a few funny looks on my way. I knew my brother and father would be awake when I got in.

I sighed before finally deciding to open the door. My brother was just coming down the stairs when I shut the door behind me.

“Evangeline.” I scowled at the use of my full name.

“Where have you been?”

“Out.”

“All night?” My father walked into the room and took the interrogating into his own hands.