Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen.

On Saturday the twelfth of October I woke up in the arms of an angel. Okay, maybe that was a little cheesy and overrated. Let’s try that again. On Saturday the twelfth of October I woke up in the arms of Nathan Sykes, the guy I loved. Yes, I’m in love! That scares the hell out of me but I don’t care.

“Are you awake, Babe?” Nathan whispered. I smiled at the sound of his voice.

“Yeah.” I rolled over and Nathan planted a kiss on my lips.

“Good aim,” I chuckled when he pulled away. I looked right into his green eyes and smiled.

“Come on, we need to get up. We’ve got a lot to sort out,” he said. I sighed and snuggled into his bare chest. He kissed my forehead before pushing me off the bed.

“Nathan,” I whined as I hit the floor with a bump. I stood up and frowned at him.

“Get dressed,” he told me. I sighed before putting on the clothes that Nathan had washed for me last night.

Once I was dressed I waited for Nathan in his living room. He soon joined me wearing jeans, high tops, a white t-shirt and a cap. He sat down beside me on the sofa and I grinned at him.

“You haven’t stopped smiling since last night,” he said.

“That’s because the guy that I love told me that he loves me back.” He smiled at me and took some of my hair in his hand. He started fiddling with it and winding it round his fingers.

“I don’t care what anyone thinks anymore, Eva. I love you and I’m not afraid to say it. I won’t let anyone stop us from being together,” he told me. I smiled and he blew a kiss at me.

“Now, come on, you. We need to go and collect your stuff if you’re going to move in with me,” he said.

“Are you sure about this?”

“As sure as I can be.” I leaned over and kissed him. He took my face in his hands and skimmed my bottom lip with his thumb.

“Let’s go,” he said. I smiled and got up from the sofa. Nathan followed me to the door and took my hand in his. Once we were outside the flat he locked up and the two of us left the building. Nathan put his shades on and we walked the short walk to my house. Dad’s going to flip!

I breathed out in an attempt to prepare myself before opening the front door to my house. I stepped inside pulling Nathan with me. The house was quiet so I guessed that my brother was still in bed and my dad had gone to the office. I led Nathan up the stairs and along the hallway then into my room. I shut the door behind us and Nathan slumped down onto the sofa.

“Right, I’ll pack two suitcases then we’ll get out of here, okay?” He nodded in reply and I pulled two cases out of the closet. I opened them up on my bed and began sorting through my stuff.

About five minutes later I heard scratching at the door. Nathan raised his eyebrows and I opened the door slightly to let Smokey in. He walked into the room and jumped onto the sofa beside Nathan. I smiled as he purred away and Nathan stroked him.

I went back to packing and by the time I zipped up the two cases it was eleven o’clock. My brother would be downstairs by now. I walked over to where Nathan was sat and picked up my cat.

“Oh, Smokey, I don’t want to leave you here with Joshua and dad. They won’t look after you,” I said as he purred at me. I glanced at Nathan who was grinning at me.

“What?” I asked.

“Take him with you.”

“Really?”

“Yeah! I love cats.”

“Great. Thank you, Nath.” I put Smokey down and grabbed the cat basket from underneath the bed. Nathan put him in it and I grabbed a few essentials. I got the cat basket and Nathan got the suitcases. The two of us left my bedroom and went down the stairs. Then what I was dreading happened. Joshua came out of the kitchen and stood in front of us.

“Eva,” he said in shock as he looked at Nathan. “What are you doing?”

“I’m leaving.”

“To betray me? To tell the police that I did it?”

“No,” I said shaking my head. “I’m going to live with Nathan. I don’t think I’ll see you until the next court date.”

“Eva, please. Don’t leave home for him.”

“Joshua, I love him and it’s not for him. It’s for me.” His eyes widened and I could tell he was getting very angry.

“You get away from her!” he shouted at Nathan.

“Joshua, no! Just don’t even start with that shit! I’m sick of you doing this with every guy I like, and in this case, love.”

“He’s not just any guy though, is he?”

“No, he’s not. He’s everything I’ve ever wanted. And he cares about me a hell of a lot more than you do.” Joshua stared at me for a moment. I shook my head at him and opened the front door. Nathan and I left the house and didn’t turn around when Joshua came out.

“Don’t you fucking dare touch my sister!” he shouted after us. I sighed but carried on walking away. I would never go back there. My mum was the only one who cared about me. Joshua and my dad only cared about themselves.