Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One.

His hands snaked around my hips and he pulled me closer to him. I could smell the horrible stench of alcohol and tobacco on his breath. He pushed my hair to the side and pressed his lips to my skin. I squirmed in his grip but he didn’t let go. I felt his hands pushing my dress up. I took in a deep breath and…

“NATHAN!” I screamed and sat up. My breathing was heavy and I looked around the dark room.

“Eva? Are you okay?!” Nathan asked from beside me. I let the tears spill down my cheeks and he wrapped his arms around me.

“Don’t cry, Baby,” he soothed.

“He was going to do it again, N-Nathan,” I said through my sobs.

“Ssh, it’s okay. It was just a dream,” Nathan whispered and kissed my forehead. I laid back down and Nathan pulled me closer to him. I soon fell asleep in his arms.

*

“Eva, wake up.” I slowly opened my eyes and squinted at the lightness of the room. I rolled over to see Nathan wearing a suit and stood at the end of the bed.

“What’s going on?” I asked him.

“Just get dressed. Wear something nice,” he told me before leaving the room. I frowned before slowly getting out of bed. I freshened up in the bathroom then put on a red, knee-length, evening dress before joining Nathan outside the room. He looked me up and down and smiled.

“You look beautiful,” he said.

“Thanks, Nath.” He took my hand in his and led me down the stairs of the hotel.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“Wait and see.”

Nathan waved at a few fans but didn’t stop for photos. We got into a black car which was waiting outside the hotel and I frowned at Nathan.

“I don’t like how secretive you’re being,” I said and he chuckled.

“Be patient, Baby.”

Five minutes later, the car pulled up outside a small restaurant. Nathan led me inside and we were shown to a table.

“Why are you taking me out for an expensive lunch?” I asked him. He just smiled and ordered for us both.

“Nathan, tell me,” I whined. He chuckled then held my hand over the table.

“Baby, I’ve known you for a few months now and I love you very much. I’d like to thank you for coming into my life. I don’t think I’ve ever been happier with someone. You’re so special to me. And I hope that I can spend the rest of my life with you,” he told me. He stuck his hand in his pocket then brought out a ring.

“Eva, I promise to love you and be faithful to you. I promise to never let anyone hurt you and I promise to spend the rest of my life showing you just how special you are to me,” he said and I smiled. He slipped the promise ring onto my finger and leant over the table and kissed him.

“Nathan, I love you,” I told him and he grinned.

“I love you too.”

After lunch, we went back to the hotel where the boys were waiting in the bar. Nathan bought us drinks and we sat down with everyone.

“You have a ring on your finger,” Tom pointed out.

“Well done, Captain obvious.” He stuck his tongue out at me and I grinned.

“It’s a promise ring,” Nathan said.

“Ah, I see,” Max replied.

I couldn’t have been happier than I was right then. I had Nathan and he was more than I could ever have asked for. I loved him so much and I knew he’d never leave me. So this was the start of my new life. And all I needed was Nathan.