Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten.

“Eva, are you ready?” Joshua shouted from outside my room. I straightened out my skirt before leaving the room. Joshua smiled weakly at me before we both joined my father downstairs. My dad started chatting away to Joshua and I checked my phone. I had no texts.

It had been five weeks since I had last seen Nathan, or any of the band for that matter. He hadn’t texted or called me. But today was the morning of the trial. I would see Nathan and Paige. I missed Nathan but I knew that everything could come crumbling down if I saw him again. I tapped on Nathan’s number and sent him a new text.

To: Nathan

I miss you.

I sighed and looked up at the ceiling. I knew he was feeling exactly the same as I was. But I was being stupid. This could mess everything up.

“Come on, Eva,” my dad said. I stepped out of the house and went through the gate. Marcus smiled at me as he held open the car door.

“Thanks,” I said before sliding along the leather seat. Joshua and my dad soon did the same and the car set off.

For the whole journey Joshua was nervously shaking his leg and I tried to stay focused on helping him but my mind kept wondering to Nathan. The car rolled to a stop and Marcus opened the door for my father and brother before walking around to my side. He opened the door and I smiled weakly at him.

“Be strong for your brother,” he told me. I nodded before sliding out of the car and joining my dad and Joshua as they walked across the car park. A few reporters started taking pictures and I slipped around the corner of the building. I didn’t want to be seen. I didn’t need to be seen.

Once Joshua and my father were safely in the building the reporters settled down and I decided that I’d better get in there. I took a deep breath but before I could step around the building someone grabbed my arm. I turned around to see Nathan and relief rushed through me.

“You miss me?” he asked and my mind flicked back to the text I had sent him earlier. I nodded my head and bit my lip. He smirked at me.

“Babe, don’t bite your lip. You have no idea how much it tortures me.” I blushed a little and he pulled me into his body.

“I miss you too,” he whispered before closing the gap between our lips. Nathan was the first to pull away.

“You should go in there. Your family will be wondering where you are,” he told me.

“And your plastic best friend will be wondering where you are,” I replied. He frowned and loosened his grip on me.

“Sorry, I’m just a bit nervous,” I said.

“You know, I really do wish you were someone else. Maybe then we could be together.”