Chapter nine: lingering touches and blushes

THOMAS POV

It was the comforting sound of rain on the wooden roof that woke me up somewhere during the night. The darkness that surrounded me told me that the sun wouldn't be up for at least a few more hours. I let out a long sigh pulling the blanket to just below my chin and smiling at the comforting warmth. It was only when I wanted to shift my body that I realized a pair of strong delicate arms were holding me. Newt had let his mother know he was staying here for the weekend and she seemed surprised that Newt had a friend. That fact made my heart fall to my stomach. I already knew he used to get bullied for his sexuality but the fact that he had to go through all that alone pained me. I couldn't deny any longer that the dirty blond haired boy who was cuddling me at the moment made me feel things I had promised I would never feel again. But ever since he came to our school about two weeks ago everything has started to change. I broke up with Teresa who I never really loved but who was my only defence against my homophobic foster dad. I let myself get close to a boy even though I told myself I would never let that happen again. And last but not least the same boy found out my biggest secret and actually seemed to care about me. I tried not to think too much about what would happen when I went home Monday after school and instead tried to focus on the fact that I was about to spend two whole days with Newt.

I didn't realize the sun had come up until Newt shifted next to me pulling me away from my thoughts. He yawned and rubbed his eyes adorably and I smiled at the sight. Then he looked at me and gasped at how close we were. He immediately let go of me and blushed furiously down at the blankets. "Sorry" he muttered in a husky voice that made me bite back a moan. "That's okay" I smiled and he smiled back at me. I got up from the bed, groaning at the pain all over my body and went to the small kitchen on the other side of the room only to realize I didn't have anything to eat or drink. "Shit"

"Is everything okay ?" Newf asked as he was making the bed.

"Yeah No it's fine." I said smiling at his actions "listen Newt why don't you go shower already and I'll go and get some food and stuff from the store for this weekend?"

"Tommy, are you trying to tell me I smell?" He asked, smirking at me and I barked a laugh. "Well you said it" I chuckled.

I hastily changed my shirt since I slept in it, painly aware of Newt's eyes staring at me. "You want anything special from the store?" i ask as I grab the keys to my motorcycle and my helmet. I look at him questionably when he doesn't answer only to see him still gawking at me. "Newt?" I say laughing, waving my hand.

He shakes his head and clears his throat. "Oh no not really thanks" he blushes and rushes of towards the bathroom, closing the door behind him.  I chuckle to myself as I get out of the door and start the engine of my motorcycle.

I made it back from the store quicker then I thought. So I parked my motor and got of about half an hour later and made my way back inside. I put the bag on the table and turn around only to see a half naked Newt staring at me in shock from the across the room. Droplets of water are sliding down his torso until the disappear into the towel around his waste. It takes me about a minute before I realize what I'm seeing and then I gasp. "Oh my God Newt I'm so sorry!" I say as he blushes again and tries to hide his body by crossing his arms over his chest. I realize he does this out of insecurity and before I can stop myself I'm walking towards him. He looks at me like a deer caught in headlights as I take his wrists carefully and pull them away from his body. I take another step forward making him go backwards until his back softly hits the wall. I smirk as I see him swallow nervously. I bent down slowly towards his ear as he tries to keep his breathing under control. "Don't hide your body okay you're so hot Newt, believe me" I say as I put a finger on the middle of his chest and slowly drag it down. He shudders under my touch and I smile at the victory. He whimpers and I pull back before  I can do anything stupid. I give him one last smile before turning away and make my way back to the kitchen to unload the food and start breakfast.

We eat in comfortable silence for a while until he hums and I look up at him. "This is delicious Tommy, you're a really good cook." He says and I laugh. "It's just eggs and bacon Newt" but he shrugs. "They're still really good." He winks at me and for the first time it's my turn to blush. He seems very pleased at this so I make a mental note to give him payback later. "So what do you want to do today?" I ask him just as the rain outside begins to pour down even harder. He shrugs again. " well it won't be anything bloody outside" he laughs. "I'd fancy a movie"
" your wish is my command babe" i wink at him making him blush. Hah.
I stand up and put all the dishes in the sink. Trouble for later. As I turn around I'm startled to find Newt only inches from my face. He smirks as he sees the shock on my face and pushes me back against the counter. He leans in towards my ear pushing his entire body against mine. My whole body feels like it's on fire. My fingers twitch wanting desperately to touch anything, everything they can get. "Two can play at a game,Tommy" he whispers, his lips touching my ear ever so slightly with every word. And then he's gone, making his way to the couch and sitting down. He smirks at me as I try to regain control over my body.

Shit this is going to be a long weekend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oooohhhh sexual tension alert!
Hope you liked it guys. I will try to update later this week :)

Lots of love, Athina