Chapter 2

Luke's jacket warmed me up. I held the jacket tight, wrapping myself; as soon as I got it on I was greeted by the sweet, savory aroma of honey and coconut I was so used to it two months ago. I could imagine the warm as the fragrance danced in my nice, granting me visit to that time we spent the weekend in his parent's lake house. It was our fourth month together and he wanted to do something special. I was up to some movies and pizza but, according to him, we did that almost every week. Once we got there, we found the place perfectly cleaned, the fridge full of our favorite food; strawberries, green grapes, apples, bananas, orange juice, jam & cheese, ice-cream, pita and other stuff I really like. As he took our bags to the room we were sleeping in, I walked outside the house to take a look at the environment.

The house was in the shore line of the wide lake. The flow of the waters rippled back and forth as the shadows of the leaves danced upon it's blue skin. The sound of the birds singing filled my ears with a chorus I couldn't get out of my mind for weeks. The lake granted me a serene environment, making me escape from reality. As Luke wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed that sweet spot behind my ear which made me giggle. His touch was so familiar to me. He was the cure to any stressful time in my life. Maybe it was the fact my father left my mom for another woman two weeks ago that he thought I needed this escape; out of town, without cellphones, computers. No internet, just us, and I was beyond find with it. The wind rushed through my hair as I breathed in the clean, pure air. I never appreciated nature, really; it wasn't like I despised it, just didn't took enough time to appreciate it. To stop still and just take a look at it. But back to that weekend on the lake house, I did. The way the birds danced in the trees' branches amazed me; the scenery was the closest to paradise and I couldn't help but get lost in the colors of the flowers and the deep blue of the lake. Him by my side, as we both watched this lovely scenery, made me feel like i wasn't alone. Of course, I had Luke yet I kept feeling as if there was something missing; as soon as he wrapped his arms around me, in front the scenery, everything felt so right. Him, the nature, the sound of the birds chirping; it felt like home.

After walking through the house and sitting for hours outside in the grass, just watching the stars and talking about the future, it was merely 1 in the morning; he was exhausted, and my body itched from the contact with the grass. We decided to take a bath together. Before he could take his clothes off, being all sweaty, I wrapped my arms over his neck and hugged him. His body responded so quick to mine, quickly wrapping his arms on my body, hiding his face on the crook of my neck. He kissed me, hard. His tongue asked for entrance which I granted; our tongues fought for dominance as my fingers were tangled in his hair. The grip in my waist tightened as I jumped in, wrapping my legs in his waist.

That night was our first night together. Magic filled our hearts as the light of our eyes got lost in each other.

'Hey', Luke says, making me open my eyes wide in surprise. 'Oh sorry', he apologized, 'didn't meant to bother you. I brought you some coffee, you know, to warm you up'. He handed me a paper cup which I took quickly with grateful eyes and a slightly smile. 'Dark, two sugar, just how you like it'. He smiled, then something brushed his smile off. 'Uhm, i-.. I don't know if you still like it that way, i-'. 'I do', I say, trying to brush off his embarrassment. He nodded shyly, and turned around to walk to the corner he was sitting. There was something in his voice, in the way his hands moved, in the way he looked at me; he was always so confident and full of himself yet know he seems so vulnerable, afraid even. 'Hey Luke', I say, making him turn around so quick he almost drops the paper cup he was holding, 'you can sit here if you like', I said patting the empty space in the the floor next to me. He smiled, again showing his well aligned white teeth to me; that smile who could take any girl to the floor. That smile who caught my breath one time, and still does. I return the smile, as he walks towards me sitting next to me. He sat a little too far away, making me wonder if I'm bothering him or if he doesn't feel comfortable next to me. He's holding his cup, probably filled with cocoa and three sugars —just like he liked it. 'Hey, come closer. I don't bite'. I tried to sound cheerful but it came more like a scolding. I was about to apologize, to tell him I didn't meant it to sound it so harsh until he laughed and came closer. Really close. I could feel the hair of his arm brushing with mine, and it felt like my biggest fear came back; the fear of having him too close again. Having him too close yet so far. Because probably after today, after the snowstorm passed and we return back to school tomorrow, we'd avoid each other gazes again as if looking at each other's eyes was the biggest sin of all. But right now, as we hold our cups ridiculously and looking at each other's eyes in silent, felt normal.