Chapter 4

His body collides with mine, taking me to the ground instantly; the shattered pieces of glass were flying all over us. Everything was in slow motion. Him, running fast towards me and taking me to the ground; covering his body with mine as every piece of glass falls on top of him. The glass buried in his back causing him to let out a grown as the glass kept falling in unison. As the sound stopped, my eyes opens wide and i gasp in shock. Luke's body is on top of me, pieces of shattered glass perforated his shirt sticking on his skin causing blood to drip off his shirt. 'Luke, oh my God Luke'. His eyes open slowly, looking straight to mine; he moves carefully to a side, a few glasses that remained on his back falling. 'Are you okay?', he asked as he moved shook off the glasses that remained in his shirt. I let out a dry laugh. 'Are you seriously asking me that?'. He looks straight to my eyes, and again it amazes me how shiny his blue eyes are even in this darkness. 'I am', he says softly. I smiled, 'yes, i'm okay, thanks to you', i say, 'but you're not. Let's take you to the nursery room'. As i stand up and help him to do so, i grab his arm throwing it over my shoulder to help him walk. As i grab him tight, he intertwine his fingers with mine, action that sends electricity to my spine. He grabs my hand tight and return the gesture; his hands once reassured me that i was safe, that no matter what they'd hold me tight and protect me from everything and anything. Everytime i was tense or anxious, he'd held my hand; his hands were perfect, smooth as baby hands. His touch has always been relaxing to me, taking me to a state of peace and pure bliss.

He walks missing one step, grabbing my hand so tight i thought he was going to break my bones; even though pain is invisible, i could see how much he's hurting. His body aches and the glasses stuck on his skin are dancing with every step we make as he tries to suffer less. Blame it on the damn weather, or better, blame it to my stupidity of leaving the room and walking to the window when we were supposed not to. I went out looking for him and instead of doing it i walked towards the window knowing how dangerous could be even though at the moment i didn't realized at all. He once told me he'd take a bullet for me, that while he's alive nothing would ever hurt me; not if he can stop it. He took glasses for me. Probably isn't a bullet but, he protected me, even after i treated him like less minutes ago. 'Thank you', i mumbled as we walked into the nursery. He smiled once again leaving me breathless. 'I told you i'd protect you always'. It was like he was reading my thoughts but it was probably because our hears were in the same page. And just now, for just a tiny little second i thought about us; about if we had a chance one more time. Tried to take the thought out of my head but it was like the picture of us in the future doesn't leave my head.

I took his shirt off, taking carefully the pieces of glass out of his soft skin. He clinched everytime i took one piece of glass. 'I'm sorry', I mumbled as a few tears fought their way out; i don't know why i feel like crying. Probably because the fact took all those glasses to protect me yet i was so harsh to him. It was like despite the fact we broke up he still cared about me. Then it hit me, he did. He was always checking on me on the hallway, if i dropped my books he'd always gotten up for me; and since we break up, Miss Jann always saved two slices of pepperoni pizza for me at lunch. He was the only one who knew it was my favorite. It hit me. He took care of me on little sightly things and i didn't even realized. I was being so obnoxious and trying my best to not meet his eyes that, i didn't focused on the nice things he was doing for me. 'Why are you crying?', he asks, taking his hand to my face smoothing my cheeks. I granted him the touch, leaning my face to his hand so he could cup it all. 'You...', i mumbled, 'you made Ms. Jann to save pizza for me on lunch?', i asked sloppily. 'Yes, i did', he says without hesitating. I opened my eyes in shock, not because of his answer but because i was right; maybe i was hoping for him to say 'no', but i know better. 'And you took these glasses for me', i mumbled once again. He nodded, catching the tears who were fighting their way out. 

'I'm sorry, Jules, for everything. I... I'm sorry'. I wrapped my hands over his head hiding my face on the crook of his neck, crying. He held me tight; he held me so tight all my broken pieces stuck together once again as if i was never broken. 'I never meant to hurt you. I was stupid, and insecure and i've regretted that phone call since then day you came to me thinking it was a joke', he says kissing my head. 'I loved you, Jules, like i've never loved anyone. God, i still do. Losing you was... The worst. It's been the worsts months really. I'd to anything to take time back but i can't and all i can say is, i love you, and i'm sorry for all the pain i know i've caused you'.