Chapter 3

I already finished my coffee which warmed me well enough; dark, with two sugars, just like I liked. One of the little things I liked the most about Luke was he never forgot a word I said; how I took my coffee, for example or how hot I liked my tea. Or how I never ate scrambled eggs, just fried ones. And how I tried to be vegan but just ate chicken. He never forgot about those things and everytime he did something like bring me coffee or make me some tea and I realized it was incredibly well done and the way I liked it, I smiled; with time my smile grew wider and my love for him did too.

'What were you thinking about?', he asks after a few minutes of silence between us. His cup is still full, probably filled with hot cocoa, and tree sugars; just how he liked it. He was tapping the edge of his cup in times of two. I noticed while ago he does that when he's nervous. It wasn't like nervous tick but more like something to sooth himself; something to him come at peace.

'I was thinking about the lakehouse', I blurt out not even realizing the words who were coming out of my mouth. I look over him to see his reaction. He's looking straight to his cup, a little smile forming in his mouth. 'Me too', he said after a few seconds. 'I've been thinking about you lately'. For some reason that made smile but as soon as I remember we're not together and the cause of us breaking up, my smile fades. 'Let's not talk about that, can we?', I plead sounding as harsh as I can. My words made him pull aback a little. Good, I think. Because right now, after two months, it's not the time to have that conversation; not at all. I'm not in the mood to surface how everything went to waste. And I won't, really. I look over him once again, and I notice his face is red and his lower lip is shaking. Is he crying? He can't be crying. I looked at his hands and he wasn't tapping his cup on paces of two anymore; it was quicker, more desperate, more desynchronized. 'I'm sorry', he said again standing up and walking towards the door. 'You can't leave the room! They said we should-'. I couldn't finish my sentence because he was nowhere to be seen. The other few students who were in the music room are looking at me with wide eyes. The whole school is shut down, the hallways are empty and there's no light. A few windows of the school broke because the wind broke branches and they crashed with the windows.

I stood up, ignoring the few glances of the ones remained in the music room and walked out. Looking out, the empty hallway seemed out of a horror movie; all dark and silent, scared the shit out of me. I walked out, closing the doors of the music room behind me. The doors closed making an horrible noise that made me shiver. The hallways are covered with windows, that was the main reason why they told us to stay in the room we were before the storm started. The wind danced outside, playing with every branch he found. The only thing I'm able to hear is the wind outside and the snow amounting itself outside the windows. As I walk through the large dark hallway, I take out my phone to dial Luke's number but there's no signal. Great. 'Luke!', I call out, feeling as my voice gets lost in the large hallway, my voice dancing with the lockers and getting blasted in the walls. 'Luke!', I yelled out again; no response. Maybe he was honestly apologizing yet I shut him down. I remember he told me once how hard it was for him to apologize, most likely because people never believed him anyways; probably because he stuttered everytime. He didn't do it because he was lying though, but because he wasn't used to apologize and it made him nervous. When he used to get mad, he'd always go to the gym to box; it helped him with his anger. Not that he had anger issues but it released him. He wasn't a bad boy, he never had that image; he was beyond nice, always trying his best to make people happy and put smiles in everyone's faces. I guess that's one of the things that made me fall in love with the first place; the way he treated people hoe he wanted to be treated. He was most likely insecure yet he made everyone felt so good about themselves; it was an amazing, lovely thing. And I shut him down, thing probably anyone ever did. Now I feel awful. I'm the one who should be apologizing. 'Luke?', I call slash ask after listening a rustling sound in the hallway. I looked around, and there was anyone to be seen. I looked through the large windows who were nothing but covered with white, shiny snow. I walked towards the window, not realizing how dangerous could be. As I walk to the window, I get lost in the beauty of the snow; how it amounts in the window slowly, bit by bit. The rustling continues, making me walk towards the window to see what's causing so much noise. 'Jules?', I hear a manly voice asking through the hallway. I look to my right, seeing Luke standing there. I smile, and I walk away from the window and then to him. Even in the dark I can see his shiny blue eyes. The rustling continues, making me turn to my left. As I turn, I see a big branch coming my way through the window. 'Jules!', screams Luke as he runs towards me, before the branch comes to the hallway, shattering the window into pieces.