Chapter 12

^^^Mai^^^

It's been around two months since Toshiro and Ichigo were born, we were in our temporary base, I finally was able to talk Naru into letting me go on one of the cases, Luelle and Martin, Naru's parents were babysitting the twins. I was assigned to light duty considering I wasn't really supposed to do the heavy lifting for a bit longer. Naru made sure the guys did most of that, Ayako wasn't here, and won't be here until tomorrow afternoon, something was wrong at the hospital. I smiled at everyone as they talked or set up cameras around the building. I yawned and headed for the bathroom, Naru semi-yelled after me.

"Where are you going, Love?" I turned around and smiled.

"bathroom?" He chuckled slightly and nodded, I continued on my way, after I did my business and was washing my hands I looked up into the mirror to fix my hair, as I looked up a saw a little boy behind me. I turned around and looked down at him, he was covered in blood, missing an eye, his head tilted to the side and bandages covering his neck loosely. The bandages were hanging off slightly and just barely sticking to his skin. I smiled at him and crouched down to his height, I was scared... I was terrified, I knew this was the spirit we were dealing with, yet I still smile... I still asked him what was wrong... My motherly instincts had taken over a bit...

"What's wrong hun?" He looked up at me with his eye, his face scrunched up in confusion.

"M...mum...my...." His voice gurgled out, I gulped slightly and shook my head.

"No... I'm not your mummy hunny.... What does she look like?" He pointed behind me at a picture, I looked at the photo and took it into my hand, pointing at the woman holding the baby boy with dark brown tufts of hair and blue eyes that were only slightly opened.

"This woman?" He nodded and started walking out of the room, I smiled sadly and got up slowly, walking out of the room as he vanished.

"He's looking for his mother... " Naru looked over to me as I walked in.

"Who?"

"The spirit... He's looking for his mother..." He nodded and walked over to me, taking my hands and walking to our room, I smiled and held his hand softly as we walked in, he took two towels and handed me one.

"Get undressed, I want to go to the hot tub and relax..." i nodded and got undressed wrapping the towel around my torso lightly, I walked out with Naru's arm around my waist lightly, Ieaned on him softly as we entered the private hot tub rooms, entering one seeing Masako enter another, I smiled and hung my towel up on the hook next to the tub and climbing in slowly sinking down into a sitting position.