Chapter seven

Somewhere along the fourth movie I had fallen asleep and felt Ward cover me with my blanket and adjust my head with a pillow.  The apartment was cold so I appreciated that he took his time to adjust the temperature and lower the volume of the television. I felt oddly comfortable with him around and I can feel his eyes on me. 

"You aren't completely asleep" He spoke up a couple of minutes later. I wasn't surprised that he noticed that I wasn't falling asleep. My breathing was all uneven and I was fidgety under his stares. 

I turned my head to face him and just looked at him, "I can't sleep with you staring at me". The room was quiet besides the low mutter from the television. He looked away and I saw a tint of pink rise to his cheeks but I must've been imagining it. He can't blush, he's not capable of that, after all he's a robot. 

He started playing with the pillow on his lap and when he was about to open his mouth to say something he stopped and cocked his head to the side. "Your phone is ringing". I rubbed my eyes and tried looking around for it, I couldn't hear it ring. I wasn't even sure if I brought it down with me when we started watching TV. 

"It's upstairs" He told me. His face was blank and stared straight at the movie playing. I removed the blanket and ran up the stairs, as I got closer to my room, the louder the ringing became. I mentally added that to one of his weird attributes. He had bionic hearing. Fantastic. 

I managed to get to my phone before it stopped ringing. All out of breath, I answered the call. "Hello?" I heard giggling on the other side of the phone and I quickly looked at the caller ID. It was one of my friends from college, Jade Thirlwall. "Oh girl, you sound exhausted. Were you doing the dirty? Did I interrupt something?" I rolled my eyes. That was such a Jade thing to say. 

"No!" I took a deep breath and answered a bit more calmly. Her giggles continued, I'm sure I sounded guilty to her. "My phone was charging in my room and I had to run to pick it up". She was quiet for a while, probably wondering if I was telling the truth. I didn't want her asking questions so I asked questions myself. "Why did you call?". 

She cleared her voice, "Oh yes, My cousin just came from her trip in Australia and we wanted to go to a club and party. I heard that your bestie went out of town so I decided to invite you". My heart warmed up when I heard her say that. Jade was a great person to be around with, she was always bright and warm to the people she became friends with. 

"Well, yeah. I'm not doing much tonight besides watching movies with-" I stopped. I had forgotten I was in charge of taking care of Ward until my dad came back. 

"With who?" Jade spoke up breaking my mental thoughts. Her voice sounded excited and I knew she was going to ask more questions. "Oh a family friend, he's here for a week and I'm not sure if I can go. I don't want to leave him alone in the house". My excitement to go out with the girls slowly diminished. 

"Oh! Don't worry about that. You can bring him, Katie is bringing her boyfriend and I invited someone too, but who knows if he's coming". Her joyful tone of voice dimmed towards the end of the sentence. Jade was probably sad that the guy she liked wasn't giving her the time of day. Very annoying, since she was a very sweet and attractive girl. Anyone, would be lucky to be with her. 

"Oh if he doesn't, you can always have fun with the long list of gentleman that will surely follow you around in the club" I tried to cheer her up and I smiled when I heard her laugh on the phone. "Oh yeah, sure. Anyways, do you want me to pick you guys up around nine or do you want to meet up in front of the place?" I gave it some thought and decided that being picked up was the best choice.

We hung up and I walked over to my closet mentally preparing an outfit to wear at the club. I heard wards heavy footsteps going up the stairs but I chose to ignore him. He confused me a lot and I had so many questions that needed to be answered. What I needed tonight was a good drink and loud music to distract myself from Ward thousand mysteries.