Chapter Two

My class is finally over. Thank goodness. A three hour college class is not something anyone should have to suffer through. I look at my watch and see that it is almost one o'clock. I decide to go to the Starbucks on campus and get a nice hazelnut iced coffee. While I walk there, Amy, my best friend in the whole wide world, runs up to me. "Hey! How was class?" she questions as she walks with me to Starbucks. "Long. It seemed like Mr. Hugh just never stopped talking."

She laughs at my complaint, as if I were joking. "Oh lighten up. You know you want a piece of that bod. Plus he seems really nice. You should be glad you were looking at him for three hours rather than Sister Dorothea for four hours." We cringe at the thought of staring at Sister Dorothea and walk into Starbucks. "What are you getting?" I question. We get on line and Amy stares at the menu. "I think I'm going to get an iced mocha coffee." she says. We order our drinks and wait to be called. "So tell me." she begins. I look at her, confused by her demand.

"Tell you what?" I raise my eyebrow waiting for her to continue.

"Who's bae?" She smiles at me and pokes me with her index finger.

I look at her in shock. "What do you mean 'Who's bae'?" A cold autumn wind whips around us and I tighten the scarf around my neck. My dad would get really upset if he saw me here shivering in the cold.

She laughs at my shocked face and goes to get her drink. "Come on Serena, we both know you have a bae." I stare blankly at her. "No I don't. Besides why do I need one? I'm perfectly fine by myself, plus I got you to bug me." I pick up my drink and thank the worker before leaving the shop. "Who is your bae Amy?" she looks at me with her famous 'You already know' face. I stop dead in my tracks and wait for her to spill. "You got a bae and you didn't tell me!" she burst out in laughter and pulls me along. "We just made it official yesterday." She blushes as she tells me and I just smile because I've never seen her this happy before.

"Who is it?" I question her as I take a sip from my drink.

"Girl! You already know!" She squeals with happiness but I look back at her completely clueless.

"Uh, no I don't." I ponder quickly of a person she can be talking about but no one comes to mind so I shrug lightly.

"Who have I been crushing on since our freshman year of high school?" She looks at me, batting her long eyelashes with hopes of getting me to remember.

I contemplate the clue she just gave me. Who has she been crushing on? I know it's not Malik because he doesn't live in New York anymore. Is it Peter? Nah, she has been over Peter for a while. Plus he is already taken. Who is it? Then I finally figure it out.

"Is it Taj?" I gasp as I look at her with my eyes wide open.

"Yes girl. He finally told me he liked me!" She swoons and her face changes as she remembers what happened in that moment.

"Oh my gosh!" I scream. "You have to tell me all the details!" She turns to look at me and she jumps in excitement. I've never seen her like this before so I know right away that it was romantic.

Amy nods her head and takes a sip of her drink. We walk together,  gossiping until my driver, Eden, honks the car horn.

We both jump at the noise and look at each other. "What is he doing here?" I question out loud. Amy shrugs her shoulders and walks me over to the car.

"Hey Eden" we say in unison as we wave at him. He smiles back giving us his Kool-Aid smile.

"Hello Ms. Walker, Ms. Taylor. Dr. Walker sent me to pick you up. He said that you were visiting his job today. Something about a special task."