Chapter Three

**Later that day**

"Omg! You better start spilling!! You have to give me every single detail!!!"

Currently, Amy is yelling at me through the phone about how I always hold out on my stories and never give her every detail. A good 10 minutes later, when she finally finishes ranting on about how I'm such a horrible story teller, I finally tell her about my what happened earlier at my dad's job.

"So what happened at the job, Serena? Did they create anything that will help us get out of school forever yet?"

I laugh at my friend's never ending enthusiasm about permanently abolishing schools across the world. As you can probably tell, she has very big plans for the future.

"Yeah, I wish but no. Actually, they've invented an android named Ward. It's just like a human. The face, the body, even the emotions seem legitimate. It could actually pass for a real person."

"Oooooo, fascinating! It's a guy right? Is he cute? Can I borrow him? I could definitely pass him off as my boyfriend right?"

Gee, Amy never ceases to amaze me. Only she would ask to borrow an android for a boyfriend. She is certainly one of a kind.

"Yes Amy, he is decent looking. But no, you can't borrow him and pass him off as your boyfriend. Besides, he wouldn't even know how to react to you. He's an android, he can't feel anything."

I say this confidently, but I try to convince myself more than I try to convince Amy. My mind wanders back to that moment earlier in the lab when Ward stared into my eyes. Get it together Serena, he is definitely a robot. He can't have emotions toward you, or anyone for that matter. He doesn't even know who you are.

"Whatever you say Sere. I still think he should be my boyfriend though."

"Speaking of boyfriends..."

"Oh no, here we go."

"Why don't you tell me all about your new love interest, Ames? What's happening between you and Taj, missy?"

"Uggh, well..."

  About two hours later, Amy and I finally finish our usual chatter and gossip. Once I hang up the phone, I realize that it is now 11 o'clock and I have spent way too much time on the phone. I have to get up early in the morning for classes and I haven't even glanced at my homework at all. This is going to be a long night.

***********************
"Hello? Is anyone there?"

I walk through an unfamiliar field full of vibrant sunflowers and lush, green grass. I walk further until a person comes into my view. As I get closer I realize that it isn't a person, but it's someone I really wasn't expecting.

"Ward? What are you doing here?"

"I'm here for you."

"What do you mean?"

"I came to see you, to be with you. We belong together Serena. Don't you see?"

He takes both of my hands into his and intertwines our fingers. Chills of pleasure run through my body. Why am I feeling like this?

"Ward I don't understand."

"Yes you do. I know you feel the way I do. I can see it in your eyes. We are here together for a reason. We were made for each other, Serena."

I pull my hands away from his and shut my eyes tightly. There is no way that this is real. I must be dreaming. Am I dreaming?...

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

*********************

   I open my eyes and I am relieved to see that I am currently in my own room and in my own bed. I sigh shakily and look around to make sure that I am alone in my room. I guess it was just a dream...but dreams tend to mean something more, like a hidden message. I just don't understand. Why would I dream of Ward? There has got to be a reasonable explanation for this.

   I look in the direction of my nightstand where my beeping alarm clock is. I squint my eyes to check the time and see that it is 8:20 and class started 20 minutes ago. "Oh no! I'm beyond late! Dad is going to kill me!!" I quickly hop out of bed and run to the bathroom for a shower. "I hope today doesn't turn out as bad as it's turning out to be so far."

------------------------

Hey, hey, hey!! This was talentedambition who wrote this chapter. I hope everyone enjoys. You can follow me and read my stories and I will return the favor. Don't forget to vote! :)