Chapter One

The soft breeze blew my hair wildly but I was tired to do anything about it. I just sat silently staring up at the night sky and softly kicked the air with my feet as they dangled from the side of the building. "Hey, honey what are you doing out here so late?" My father spoke loud enough to be heard over the loud wind. I got up and cleaned the dirt off of my jeans and walked to be next to my dad. Once near him, I poked him with my index finger.

"Stop worrying you old man, I'm just relaxing and enjoying the beautiful view of the city". He rolled his eyes dramatically and I chuckled silently as I saw a smile tugging in the corner of his mouth. His mustache was hiding it but I knew it was there by the small glint that shone in his eyes. Even in the moonlight I can see it and I was more than satisfied with myself.

"Call me old man again and see how you're going to get your weekly allowance" he teased. The wind began to pick up and a chill went down my spine, making me pull my thin sweater tighter to my chest. My dad saw it and frowned, pulling me towards the entrance of the building. Once inside, he didn't waste any more time to scold me for being outside without a jacket. "You could get sick Serene and with your health I can't risk losing you" He mumbled under his breathe. He walked in front of me and I only followed him, silently wishing that this would be the end of it. "Sorry dad. I promise I won't do it again" I lamely promised.  

He must have caught the tone behind my fake promise and shook his head as he led the way down to the lower part of the pent house. His hair was all over the place and his green eyes were tired with the bags to give the signs of his lack of sleep.

"Dad, you should go to sleep. It's late" He wasn't paying attention to me as he looked over his messy notes and scratched his head. My father overwhelmed himself all the time trying to perfect his invention he had started many years ago. He was obsessed with making the perfect robot and he always said he was close to finishing it up. I grabbed an apple and watched him as he typed quickly on his computer. His office was a mess. It was the only place he didn't let the maid come in to clean.

I once did it and it only made him upset and stressed because he claimed he couldn't find anything.

"Dad" I called him again. I was really worried for him and his health. He just worked so much.

"What? Yes darling?" He spoke to me but he kept working and writing on his smart board doing some equations. Having a famous scientist as a father was so maddening. I wonder if this is how Frankenstein felt when he woke up.

"Dad!" He jumped at the loud tone of my voice and finally stopped what he was doing to look at me. I sighed in relief and walked closer to him, hugging his slim body.

"You need to sleep. Can't you leave this for tomorrow?" I gave him my puppy dog face and watched as his cheeks turned to a rosy color.

"When you look at me like that you remind me of your mother" He pushed back my afro and twirled one of my curls around his finger.

"You even look like her" He mumbled under his breath. My dad was good at speaking his thoughts out loud but I smiled. My dad hadn't spoken of my mom in so long, I had begun to think that maybe he had forgotten her.

"If mom was here she would drag you to bed" I gave him a very serious look and he only laughed. "Yes I'm sure she would, wouldn't she...?" He took his spectacles off and turned his lamp light off. We walked together and half way up the stairs he froze. "What happened?" I looked at him trying to see if he was hurt but his face was blank. He slowly turned his head around and smiled so wide that I was afraid it would break his thin face.

"I want you to come tomorrow to my job. My team is finally ready to wake the next one. We're sure this is going to be perfect" He started to shake with excitement and I tried to balance the both of us on the stairway.

"Okay dad, I'll stop by tomorrow after school". I didn't want to sound like a party pooper and shatter my dad's happiness but every time his team thought they had it right. They never did. They were so determined in making the perfect cyborg that this time my dad funded more money into the project. It was also the reason why he was so tired.

I tucked him into bed and quietly closed the door to his room. Tomorrow is bound to be a very long and dreadful day.

Little did I know, everything was going to change.

______________________

Whoop Whoop. First chapter is done. so yeah hi guys comment and my friend is updating next - AngelaGarcia568