Chapter Six

Chapter Six

After watching Netflix for the rest of the morning, I decided to take Ward to the mall and get him a new wardrobe like I promised. It's about time he learn how to be a normal human being. Our first lesson will be how to dress the part and then we'll continue on from there.

"Ok so just remember, flannels, graphic tees, pools, and hoodies are always your go to's. You can wear these for everyday tops. Jeans and joggers will be your everyday bottoms but you can pretty much wear jeans for anything. As for shoes, sneakers. That's all you need to know."

Ward nodded his head and continued to exam the clothing. I picked up a random yellow polo and showed it to him.

"What about this shirt? Do you like it?"

"No, yellow isn't really my type."

I put the shirt down as a very curious expression graced my face. He has a type of color? I wonder what other types he has...
I glanced around at the clothing racks in the store. Suddenly, I spotted the underwear section and realized that we had not picked out any underwear for Ward yet. Heat rushed to my cheeks immediately. How am I going to make this work?

"Alright, I think we've got enough clothes for now. Next, we need to get you some underwear."

"Right, I was wondering when I'd see those. Let's go."

I made my way to the underwear as Ward trailed closely behind me. I was actually really glad that Ward is an android and already has some type of knowledge about these things. I'm glad I don't have to teach him how to put on underwear because that would make for a really embarrassing conversation at the dinner table with dad.
I looked at the underwear and felt a little discouraged. I wasn't quite sure which size to get Ward. He could probably use a small. I pick up the size small pack and turned my attention to Ward. I studied his body in an attempt to distinguish his size. I noticed his firm, perky butt and began to feel the heat rush to my cheeks again. I looked away quickly and picked up a medium pack instead. Maybe a small isn't such a great idea, I thought to myself. This is kind of a difficult choice seeing as I don't know how big his-

"Uh, Ward we're done here," I quickly say in shaky voice as I begin to head the opposite direction.

"Come on, you need to try these on to make sure they." I make my way to the dressing room with Ward following behind me.

"Ok, so just take these with you and start trying them on. Once you put something on you can come out so I can see how it looks on you."

"Ok. Sounds easy enough. I'll be back."

I sat on one of the chairs in the waiting room and wait for Ward to come out. I looked around a bit and spotted a copy of Seventeen Magazine. I flipped through the pages while waiting for Ward to return.

"Serena, what do you think?"

I looked up in the direction where the voice came from and immediately regretted it.

"Oh my gosh, Ward! What did I tell you about being naked in public? Get back in the room now!"

"But I'm not naked. I'm wearing underwear," he replied in an adorably sad voice. He sounded just like a little kid.

"Yes, you are wearing underwear but real humans don't march around in public in their underwear. Or a least the normal ones don't. Go back in the room and put some clothes over it like we talked about."

"But I feel so free. I like this feeling," he protested stubbornly.

"Ward, please? Just put on some clothes," I pleaded.

"Fine," he responded with a disappointed sigh.

I felt a little bad for yelling at him but I couldn't help it. He walked out here with nothing but his underwear on! I just can't seem to get a break today, can I?
Ward walked back out after a couple of minutes. He had on a red flannel with some black jeans and sneakers.

"Is this better better, your majesty?" He spoke grumpily and still had a childish pout on his face.

"Much better," I said with a laugh. "It looks good. Go try on some of the other outfits now."

He turned back around, providing me with a nice view of his backside in those jeans, and went back into the fitting room. It seemed like he was taking forever to come back out. Finally, I heard him call out to me.

"Hey Serena, the zipper on the jeans is stuck. Is it ok if I just tear it off?"

My eyes went wide as I processed his question.

"No! No, no. Do not tear anything!" I refuse to pay for anything we aren't buying.

This robot, android, whatever was really insane if he thought he could just rip off clothes like it was nothing. The clothes in this store was way too expensive to be careless with.
I got off the chair and made my way to the room. I knocked on the door and he opened it for me to come inside.

"Are you sure it's stuck," I questioned him.

"Serena, I may not be human but I do know when a zipper is stuck."

"Okay, no need to get sassy," I replied sarcastically. "Here, let me try it."

I awkwardly placed my hand at the top of his pants and used the other to tug the zipper. I noticed Ward stiffened as my hand made contact with his skin. However, I tried to ignore it as I did the rapid beating of my own heart. Ward was right, the zipper was stuck and it wasn't going anywhere. I tugged a little bit harder and it still didn't budge. I kept trying until it finally came off and so did his pants.
I glanced up at Ward who stood in front of me once again in nothing but his underwear. I was willing myself not to shift my gaze from his face.

"Serena, are you okay?"

My cheeks became a flaming red as he lifted a hand and brushed some of my hair out of my face. He looked at me with a heated stare and I couldn't help the butterflies that formed in the pit of my stomach at that moment. He leaned in closer to me and our lips were mere centimeters apart. My heart began to pound faster in my chest as he got even closer. I closed my eyes, anticipating his soft lips gracing my own. At that moment-

Knock knock.

"Uh, ma'am? Sir? I'm going to have to ask you both to leave now. The fitting room is not the place to get to know each other better. My boss will kill me if he finds out about this."

Uh oh. Busted.

----------------------------------------
Okay, sorry this took so long. I didn't realize at first that it was my turn to update. Anyways, I hope people are actually enjoying this story. This chapter was written by talentedambition and just as a reminder, this is a collaborative effort so the writing styles are a bit different in each chapter. Sorry if it throws anyone off while reading the story. But once again, hope you all enjoy.