Chapter 24 ~ The end

"Holy fuck." I watch as Antonio's mate jumps on one of the guards breaking his neck. I could hear the sirens going as they were announcing the escape of almost all the prisoners. "Let's go!" She screamed and grabbed my hand pushing ourselves further threw the castle. "There's the exit!" She pointed to a set of big wooden double doors. "Where are the guards?" I asked astonished at the lack of security as she started to draw the levy in order for the doors to drop. "Is that really a concern of yours right now? Help me dammit!" I came to my surroundings and ran over using all my strength to roll down the levy. Suddenly the doors dropped open and we bolted into the big open field. I kept running until I made it to the forest line. That's when I saw them.

"Layla, Bitch!" Kyle ran and tackled me to the ground. "This is not the time." I urge as I push him off of me. "I'm tired, thirsty, and just want to get fucking married already!" I groan out in annoyance and punch a tree. I felt his arms around my waist and instantly relaxed. I turn to face Vincent an he smiles happily. "God I've miss you so much." I pull him into a loving kiss.

"Look this reunion is beautiful and all but they're coming!" Antonios mate screams as she point to the council men stalking towards us. Vincent pulls away and leans down to me. "Sing."

I didn't hesitate to say no and just started to sing a melody. The council men started to shake their heads and tried to cover their ears but it was to late. "Stop." I could hear Vincent say. I looked at all my friend and noticed they had covered their ears. I turned around not really wanting to witness the killing of the council. "Layla.." I heard someone speak behind me. I smile and quickly pivot on me feet to see her.

"Maddie!" I scream and tackle her to the ground. I can feel the tears in my eyes. "You're truly alive. Well not really alive, but you know what I mean." I ramble on. She lets out a laugh and I smile. "Can you get off me?" She pushes me away and we both stand up. "It's finally over." Vincent wraps an arm around my waist. I look back and see the fire. "Well that was horrendous." Kyle comments. "I don't think it's that easy." Vincent starts.

"Yeah this seemed way to easy." Maddie adds. "Without a council, Vampires can't be controlled. Their will be no structure." He pulls me closer to him. "What are you saying?" I was already confused and wanted go home to take a nice warm shower and I need to sink my fangs into something. "How about we become the council?" He seems unsure of his own words.

"No. It's too risky." She argues with his thought. "It won't. We have each other to keep us in line. We could be a better council then those horrible men ever could." He explains to all of us.

Ashton and Alyssa look at Maddie and Max. Maddie and Max look at Kyle, Who is looking at me. "It wouldn't be such a bad idea." Antonio's mate comments. "What's your name?" Kyle looks at her. "Oh how rude of me, I'm Keira." She smiles.

Before any of us speak again we hear a loud howl in the distance. "Stupid Logan." I mumble. "What?" Vincent turns to me. "Nothing." I blurt.

"I think becoming the council would be a good idea."

We all look at the wear the new voice is coming from. Adrianna walks up and is holding hands with a man. "This is Glenn." She hints to me. Ahh so this is the famous mate of hers.

No one spoke and we stood there not knowing exactly what to do.

"So it's settled. You guys will become the new council." She claps her hands together happily.

"I don't know, this seems like a lot." I say. "I thought the whole point of this was to have no council." I add. "Vampires need structure." Glenn talks finally. That voice. Where have I heard that voice? Oh my god, he was the man I heard when I was crawling to get to Kiera.

"Without it, who knows what could happen." Ashton confirms Glenn's thoughts.

"Look motherfuckers, do what you want but I got a wedding to plan for." I smirk as I look at a smiling Vincent.

I start to run and soon I'm on my front porch. I open the door and sigh content to myself. Vincent pops us out of nowhere behind me and wraps his arms around my waist again. "I've missed you so much." He mumbled as he placed his head in the crook of my neck. I giggled and pushed him away.

~*~*

"I do." His eye contact never breaking with mine. "By the power invested in me, I now pronounce you Husband and Wife. You may now kiss the bride." The man steps back and Vincent pulls me to him quickly smashing are lips together sweetly. I could hear the cheering from his family and friends and my family and friends. I looked up and noticed Maddie was watching from the ceiling window. I roll my eyes with a giggle as she winks at me. She couldn't be down here because of my parents but she was okay with it. Vincent grabs my hand lifts me up bridal style as he carries me back down the aisle.

After ten minutes spending alone time with him it was time for the reception to start. "Now presenting Mr and Mrs. Vincent Stone." The announcer blared through the speakers as the doors opened. Him and I danced are way in as everyone cheered and laughed.

We started the first dance together.

"I love you." He mumbled into my ear causing me to smile. "Forever and Always." I confirm. The dance ended and I started to mingle before the Father and Daughter dance. I noticed my brother, Cooper and best friend, Aubrey dancing together. I had forgotten they were together. "Can I cut in?" I ask Aubrey. "Yeah go ahead Mrs Stone." She emphasizes the Mrs. Part causing me to giggle.

I grabbed Cooper's hand and shoulder as he placed his hand on my waist and we swayed back and forth. "I'm gonna miss you sis." He comments leaving me to frown. "I'm not leaving." I state. "You're leaving home. I'm gonna miss you." He smiles and kisses the top of my head. I hear a knocking sound and look up but Cooper doesn't seem to notice. I see Maddie waving and she points at Cooper.

"Layla?" He breaks my eye contact from her. "Yes?" I smile. He leans down an whispers into my ear.

"You're buggin if you don't think I know Maddie's here."

"What?" I pull away astonished. "I know what you are, and I know she is one too." He smirks. "Cooper-" I start to panic. "Chill sis, I'm not gonna tell. They'd think I'm crazy." He laughs.

"How the fuck do you know?" I slap his chest. "I have my ways. I might have gotten Kyle to tell me why you've been so different lately. I just want to know. Can you change me?" He starts to ramble. Oh god.

"No!" I laugh walking away from him. "But please!" He chases after me.

Alright y'all that was the last chapter. Sorry it's so short and it probably has mistakes in there but whatever. I'm writing an Epilogue so don't worry.

Alyssa