Chapter 15

Layla POV-

I stood there for a moment in silence.

"We're mates?" I asked. Trying to process this. It's not that I'm mad or upset I'm happy.

"Yeah." Vincent sighed. I jumped on him wrapping my legs Around his waist and arms around his neck and pulled him into a kiss.

He responded quickly. It was awesome yet sadly short.

"Wow I thought you'd be mad." Vincent smiled as he rested his forehead against mine.

"Nope." I smiled in response.

"Well let's get going." Vincent smiled lacing my hand through his.

I walked into the bathroom. And started to brush my hair up a little.

I started to hum one of my favorite songs the humming soon turned to singing.

Say something, I'm giving up on you.
I'll be the one, if you want me to.
Anywhere I would've followed you.
Say something, I'm giving up on you.

And I am feeling so small.
It was over my head
I know nothing at all.

And I will stumble and fall.
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl.

Vincent stumbled into the bathroom as If he was in a trance. He walked over to me and stopped.

"Vince you ok babe?" I asked, turning to look at him.

He didn't answer he still looked at me.

"Are you ok?" I repeated myself.

He still seemed like he was hypnotized.

I snapped my fingers in front of his face.

Nothin.

I raised my hand back and slapped him.

He jolted back, and his hand flew up and held his cheek.

"WHAT THE HELL!?" He yelled.

"Sorry it's just you were in a trance." I leveled with him.

"Really, I don't remember." He looked confused.

I shook my head.

"I do remember, one thing. You singing and then I blacked out." He told me.

"Weird." I shrugged. "Let's head out." He grabbed my hand and led me towards the hotel door.

"My dad has our bags." He told me. I was looking around for them while walking through the room.

I nodded my head in Understand- meant.

We walked out into the hall and ran over before the elevator door closed.

"I was beginning to think you wouldn't make it." Rosie laughed.

I giggled as we stepped in the elevator descended.

"Hey dad Earlier Layla was in the bathroom singing and then I blacked out...but then she slapped me and told me I was in a trance....what was that all about?" Vince turned and asked Josh.

Josh went wide eyed. And Rosie gasped.

"What?" Me and Vince asked in union.

"Y-your a Melody!" Rosie spoke with astonishment.

"A what ta what?" I looked over at Vincent and his eyes were huge with shock.

"A melody sweetie that's your gift!, there hasn't been one in over 100 decades!" Rosie squealed.

My mouth hung open.

"What is a melody?" I asked her.

The elevator door dinged and opened.

We all walked out an Rosie pulled me towards the hotel doors.

I looked back at Vincent who was was smiling like a blubbering idiot....

Rosie and me got to the parking lot.

She opened the door to Vincent's car. And sat in the drivers seat.

I sat on the passenger side. Closing and locking the doors...she began to speak.

"Ok honey, A Melody is kinda like um a Siren if you will....you can lure someone to their death like them...But you put them in a trance....and for sirens if someone was to survive their trap, the person would kill themselves...That's not the case when your a melody." She explained.

"So that means I can never sing In front of people again?" I looked down, I love singing... I thought.

"No..No! You can sing but not the trigger songs." She smiled kindly.

"Trigger songs?" I laughed.

"As weird as it sounds yeah....A melody has three trigger songs...an they are suppose to be the persons favorites songs and every time thy sing them the people around are attracted to the melody." She told me.

"Ohhhhh." I sighed. "You know a lot about vampires..." I trailed off.

"Well I have been alive for like ever...and I was a vampire hunter." She reassured me.

There was a knock at the car window.

I jumped and saw Vincent outside laughing.

I bared my fangs. He just shook his head.

Rosie got out of the car. And Vince had filled her empty space.

"So you my sweet...are a melody." Vince smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "Sing!" He smiled as we followed his parents onto the main road leaving the hotel.

"I can't...I'm not suppose to." I sighed.

"Oh please!!" He begged. "No...besides your driving...and if I get you in a trance we'll crash." I told him.

"Fine but when we get to the house your gonna sing." He smiled.

I rolled my eyes as we continued to travel down the road.