Chapter 1

Hope you Enjoy!!!

|| Chapter One ||

"Layla! Get up we have school!" I heard my brother yell at me from downstairs. I groaned and lifted my head off my comfy pillow. I sighed heavily as I got up.

I walked over to my closet and picked out my clothes. I went to take a quick shower and after that I slowly put on my clothes as I drifted in and out of sleep.

I looked over at my alarm clock as I finally got done blow drying my hair. "Fuck." I cursed under my breath. I'm gonna be late. I run over to my desk and grab my book bag along with my pamphlets.

Running downstairs I saw my dad frantically running around screaming about missing paper work. Mom was reading her romance novel as she sat and drank her coffee.

"Where's Cooper?" I asked my mother as I walked into the kitchen, pouring myself some milk. "He just walked out the front door..." My mom trailed off for she was to engrossed with the book in her hand.

"What?!" I yelled as I dropped my wasted cup of milk in the sink. I ran outside quickly to see Copper in his jeep, pulling halfway out of the driveway.

"Cooper!" I yelled. He slammed on the brakes. "Hey Lay, I thought you wouldn't make it." He smiled. I glared at him. He laughed as I climbed into the passenger side.

He continued to laugh.

"Shut up."

"No."

"Cooper!"

"Layla!"

I continued to glare at him. We pulled up to school and we parted are ways.

Cooper was a senior & I was a hardworking junior. Walking up the school steps, entering school someone had hopped on my back almost knocking me over in the process.

"Best Friend!" Aubrey screamed loudly. Gaining almost everyone's attention.

"Jesus, Bree we've been best friends for years and yet still every time I see you, you have to scream that." I laugh as I stop in front of my locker.

"How was your weekend?" I asked her as started to collect the books out of my locker.

"Terrible, Dad was lecturing the whole weekend but at least i'm not grounded anymore." She smiled brightly.

"Oh yeah that's right, I totally forgot about that failed test in Algebra you had!" I shut my locker firmly.

"Yep. So did you hear about the new kid?" She asked me as she started to whisper looking around cautiously.

"No? What new kid?" I asked her as I started to walk for my first period.

"Shhhh, keep your voice down." She whispered. "Aubrey we're in a hallway full of students, it's loud enough." I roll my eyes. "Well the new kid has been deemed the bad boy in school." She tells me with a smirk.

I roll my eyes and shake my head.

"When did he get here?" I asked her my next question.

"Well since you weren't here Friday, cause you know your grandma, going to the nursing home or whatever." She continues "Friday was his first day and I've heard he was caught doing things, and like I don't man, he's seems like the real deal." She admits more to herself than me.

"How can you be deemed a badboy, on your first day of school, I swear people here will do anything to get some rumors going." I hold my books closer to my chest as Aubrey and I walk up the stairs.