Chapter 3

|| Chapter Three ||

I grabbed my bag, running downstairs. I landed with a thud as I jumped down from the third step. Mom was drinking her coffee while Dad was reading the morning paper.

Cooper was putting his coat on getting ready to leave. Quiet morning? That's oddly new.

I watched Cooper walk towards the front door.

"Wait Coop!"

"What?" He yawned as his hand reached the door knob.

Then it came to me. I had totally forgotten that Vincent was going to come an pick me up.

"Oh–um–never mind." I sighed as I followed him out the front door. I stood on the porch while he got into the car and left.

I sat down on the porch step and ran my fingers through my hair. I looked across the street and noticed the little girls next door playing out in the yard as they waited for the bus. I smile sadly and look away.

If only, If only.

After another minute, Vincent pulled up into the driveway. I smiled, standing up, and dusted myself off.

"Hey." He grinned as I climbed into his car.

"Sup." I said as I closed my door.

As we drove to school, the silence we sat in was quite annoying. I turned the radio on and started to scroll through channels, I started to sing along quietly to one station.

I paused when I saw Vincent starring at me.

"What?"

"Nothing it's just your really good." His cheeks started to turn red.

"Aw! I didn't know that the "Bad Boy" could blush." I laughed causing him to glare at me.

"Oh shut up." He groaned.

We pulled into school and Vince parked the car. Getting out quickly going over to my side to open my door.

I thanked him as I got out. He closed the door and we both began walking towards the front doors of school.

"Um excuse me?" I heard someone speak rudely. I turned and saw some girl whom I had known since middle school or so.

"Can I help you?"

"Well I wanted to know, if you guys were dating?" She asked me with an attitude.

This bitch..

"Well no.." I started to tell her. I looked up at Vincent seeing hurt and anger in his eyes.

"Oh ok." The girl smirked happily and walked up to Vincent.

"Hi I'm Molly." She bit her lip in attempt to be cute. Which didn't really work out for her much.

"Well bye." I snapped.

The girl didn't exactly let me finish. Vince and I our talking, I mean right?

I groaned loudly annoyed at my thoughts.

"Hey chicka!" Kyle came up to me.

"Hey." I faked a smile onto my face. Not really wanting for him to hound me on questions for what's going on.

"Aubrey is sick like a dog. She's not here today." Kyle told me as we both walked into the girls bathroom.

"Kyle, should I do pink or brown eye shadow?"