PHASE 3: Team Minato

- March 17 -
> Mononoke POV <

" Is she really coming?", Obito asks as we sat in the grass valley. " We're just wasting our time", says Kimiko sitting on the grass.
" Jiraiya-sensei said she will be here", answered Minato. Have they really not noticed me? They have bad sensing. " She's been laying the this rock for the past thirty minutes", said Kakashi as he leaned against the boulder I lay on top of. " Woah when did you get here?!", said Rin shocked. I still didn't like talking to other humans so I just ignored her. " Well we knew she was here, we were just waiting until you guys noticed", said Kushina.

I guess I didn't mind talking to her though well not her, but the beast inside her. Well humans called it a monster, but it's just another living thing in this world. " Why did you come here? Human life sucks", the
Nine-tail's said inside his cage. " I know it sucks. It's just training", I reply. " Even though you don't need it", he says. " That's true, but I'm in a clan right now and that's their rules so I have too", I say back. " I know who you are and I know you could just leave this place whenever you want and even destroy this world", the fox snaps back. " And I have no intention to, Kurama", I snap at him.

     " Okami!", yells Kushina taking me away from my world conversation with Kurama. I look at her,  " You were just staring at me", she says. I just layed my head on the boulders surface letting my hair cover my face.

> Kimiko POV <

     What's her problem? She doesn't even apologize or even talk to us. I bet she doesn't even talk to anyone else. How does
Jiraiya-sama communicate with her? I didn't like her. I didn't like her at all. Especially her attitude. She was rude and probably
anti-social. Minato-sensei and Kushina-san didn't seem to care though. Okami did most of the stuff Minato said to practice today, but she still stayed away from us and I didn't like that. Communication is important in teamwork and I'm all about teamwork.

     After training was over for the day, Rin and I went to a little candy shop to eat a few snacks. "What do you think about Okami? I think she's okay, she just has to open up to us", says Rin as we sat on a bench facing the village. " To be honest, I don't like her. She doesn't talk or respect anyone", I reply. " Well, this is the first day. Maybe she was nervous. Oh! I have an idea. How about you, Kushina-san, Okami, and I have a girls night out tomorrow?", Rin suggests. " What? Why?", I accidentally ask out loud. " Why not? I think it'd be fun", she persistents. Yeah, fun.

> Mononoke POV <

The next night, Rin asked if I would come to the girls night out she planned. Jiraiya kept persisting that I go so I did reminding him not to follow me. There was also some firework festival thing that I've never heard before. I guess girls wear these dress things that Kushina got me. It was a white kimono white red patterns. I even let her do my hair. She put my hair in a messy bun, braided my bangs, and wrapped it around the bun. She clipped a red flower next to the bun. I had to admit this outfit was pretty.

     The streets were crowded with people, booths, and games. We eventually ran into Minato, Obito, and that rule this rule brat Kakashi. " Rin! I kinda wondered if I could join you guys", asked Obito with all his hopes up.
" No silly, tonight is girls only", Rin replies. " Of course they wouldn't invite you. You'd ruin there fun", said Kakashi. He annoys me so much. Rin liked him though, I could tell just by looking at her. " Enjoying the human fun?", Kurama says sarcastically. " Hey, the more I do human things the less I'll be suspicious. Plus it was a deal", I say back. " A deal made billions of years ago", he snaps back. " Shut up fox", I said back.

     " Okami", I my head perks up to Minato. "You look beautiful", he says. I cross my arms and looked down at the ground covering my pink face from his comment.

> Kimiko POV <

     She could've at least said thank you. Rude. I don't know what's up with her and I'm gonna find out. " What's your problem?", I snap at her. She looks at me. " You don't even talk to anyone or apologize or even say thank you. Minato-sensei just said you look pretty and you didn't say anything so I'm gonna ask again. What your problem", I say. She just stands there. " Kimiko, don't-", Sensei starts, but I stop him. " Well?", I challenge. " I don't like talking to humans or strangers", she whispers back. Human? Strangers? You've got to be kidding me.

     " That's it? That's all your gonna say", I say angered. She turns away from me. " Kimiko, your going to far", Rin says putting her hand on my shoulder. " No! You, why are you so nice to her?!", I yell. " Well I hope your done with your petty argument cause she's gone", Kakashi says. " What?!", Rin yells. " Tonight was suppose to be all of us", says Rin disappointed. Then Kakashi started walking away. " Hey! Where are you going?", Obito asks calling to him. " I don't like crowds", Kakashi replies.

> Kakashi POV <

     I walk out of the streets and into the forest next to the festival. Through the trees I came out to a large glittering pond. There was a rock cliff that went out on the shore of the pond. Thats where Okami sat. Her turquoise eyes sparkled and her white hair glowed in the moonlight. She was pretty. She turns her head towards me noticing that I was there and then turns back towards the sky. I walk up the giant rock and sat next to her. " How would you react if someone you knew told you that they weren't human?", she suddenly asks after awkward moments of silence. " What?", I ask. " Like, what if they were actually some kind or beast or monster that turned themselves to look like humans?", she adds. " Ummm, I don't know. It depends. If I think they were suspicious than I'd take them to authorities, but if not then... I don't know", I reply.

     She didn't speak after that and we both looked at the sky where the fireworks exploded into a million lights.